- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the renovated harbour area and its highlights such as Kobra’s graffiti mural and Museum of Tomorrow
- Try delicious local food as you stroll around Orla Conde surrounding the downtown and into Rio’s Old Town district
- Ride the new ecofriendly tram of Rio
- Visit the city’s oldest bakery and treat yourself to the best pastries in town
Discover how the old and modern parts of Rio’s downtown co-exist on this food and historical walking tour. Try delicious local food as you learn how to ride both the subway and the new electric tram, and discover areas that were rarely explored even by locals before the 2016 Olympics.
We'll start our Rio experience from Cinelandia Square where we'll try a local treat to kick things off. From there, we hop on the modern and new eco-friendly tram of Rio for a sustainable ride across downtown all the way to the renewed harbour area, redeveloped into the modern Olympic Boulevard.
We get off the tram right by the amazing and colourful graffiti mural designed by Eduardo Kobra. His work features the indigenous people of five continents and covers over 2,600 square metres of the building.
Our next stop has our second included bite of the day as we try the delicious coxinha de pernil (a deep-fried pork snack) before we head up the historical Conceição Hill. This area is full of history and features some interesting street art and delightful views of the harbour.
It's time for another food stop in one of the local restaurants in the area. Here we'll try feijoada balls which are the traditional end to the famous feijoada meal. Our journey then moves on to Mauá Square where two modern architecture buildings are located: MAR (Museum of Art of Rio) and Museum of Tomorrow, followed by a walk into the Old Town. On the way, we'll see important sites such as the Cultural Centre of the Bank of Brazil (CCBB) and XV Square, and then head to to Confeitaria Colombo (the oldest bakery in town) for another food stop.
We're not done yet! There's still a visit to the Royal Portuguese Reading Room before we finish in one of the local bars for a drink before the tour comes to an end.
- Local English-speaking guide
- tram fare
- Four food stops and a beer or cachaça shot.
- Tips/gratuities for your local guide
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 59 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Downtown Rio Sites & Bites Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Downtown Rio Sites & Bites Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Praça Floriano, 7 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro CEP 20031-050. Outside the main entrance of Cine Odeon, by the Starbucks Meeting end point : Carioca Subway Station