- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Combine the beauty of Riga with a range of tasty local specialties
- Explore the small bakeries, pubs and cafés just beyond Riga’s Old Town
- Enjoy some locally brewed beer, black balsam (a local liqueur) and a variety of local snacks
- Dig into a seasonal dinner cooked just for you at a familyrun restaurant
Did you know that Riga is considered one of the best gourmand cities in Europe? Which is why we want to take your taste buds on a delicious adventure! Smell the aroma of bread baking in the city’s bakeries, sample some world-famous chocolate, down a shot of Riga balsam and grab a beer at local brewery. Finish your tour with an authentic Latvian dish prepared by your local guide at a family-run restaurant. The capital of Latvia is packed to the brim with food destinations, so this is one Riga tour no food lover should miss!
Your Riga food tour will kick off with a stroll around the bakeries, bars and small grocery stores that dot the city. Taste a range of seasonal Latvian specialties: fresh cottage cheese with dill, hemp-seed butter served on a traditional Latvian dark bread, locally brewed beer and, of course, Riga balsam – a herbal liqueur that you can’t leave town without trying.
We’ll also explore a creative quarter, known as The Republic of Miera (Peace in English). In this area you’ll find various local business, including small shops, wineries and pubs. There’s also a famous chocolate factory located here, and yes, we’re going to stop in!
A local brewery is located just in a few minutes’ walk from here, so we’ll head over to grab some excellent craft beer. Raise a glass with your new friends as we talk about our foodie travels in Latvia and beyond.
We’ll finish our tour with a meal at family-run restaurant that’s owned by none other than your tour guide! The family will take care of your dinner and serve you a seasonal Latvian dish.
No matter the time of year, or the day of the week, this Riga food tour is a delight for anyone interested in the flavours of Latvia, and is sure to leave you with a belly that’s full and a smile on your face.
- 1-ride e-ticket for public transport
- Local English speaking guide
- Riga black balsam
- 2 craft beers
- Snacks in 3 different spots
- Seasonal Latvian dish at family-run restaurant.
- Additional food or drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this The Real Taste of Riga tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Real Taste of Riga tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Real Taste of Riga tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
"Laima" clock near the Monument of Freedom, on the corner of Brīvības blv. and Aspazijas blv.; Aspazijas Blv. 20Meeting end point :
Restaurant Mellenes ar pienu, Riga, Brīvības street 146, LV-1012.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.