- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-95 yrs
- max group size 128
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-34241
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Search for iconic Arctic wildlife, such as Polar bears, Musk ox and whales
- Hike the tundra, visit an Inuit community and explore a breath-taking fjord system in East Greenland
- Marvel at the dramatic mountains and bird cliffs of Iceland’s oldest region
- Possibility of seeing the enchanting Northern Lights (aurora borealis)
- Travel on a small expedition vessel
- Accompanied by extremely qualified Expedition Staff
- Show more
Explore two of the last unspoiled wilderness areas on the planet on this itinerary. Discover diverse and dramatically rugged landscapes rich in iconic Arctic wildlife while cruising along Iceland’s mountainous Vestfjords and Greenland’s remote northeast coast, home to the largest fjord system in the world. Immersed in the untamed beauty of the Arctic, experience Inuit culture first-hand at Ittoqqortoormiit, visit ancient Thule sites steeped in history, and marvel at the majesty of massive icebergs and towering bird cliffs. If you’re lucky, you may also catch sight of the spectacular Northern Lights dancing across the sky.
Day 1: Start Reykjavik, Iceland
Day 2: Embarkation Day in Reykjavik
Day 3: Exploring the Vestfjords
Day 4: At Sea
Day 5 - 12: Exploring Northeast Greenland
Day 13: At Sea
Day 14: Depart Reykjavik, Iceland
- All accommodation
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- We can include flights from the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
- Tour leader throughout and qualified Expedition Staff
- All meals while on the ship
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Earn US$ 315+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Under the Northern Lights: Iceland & East Greenland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 May 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Under the Northern Lights: Iceland & East Greenland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Under the Northern Lights: Iceland & East Greenland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.