- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 5
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stunning views from Mt. Sveinstindur
- Enjoy solitude and dramatic landscapes
- Hot springs and boiling mud pools
For an extraordinary trekking tour through on of Iceland’s most amazing areas you can combine all the parts of the Volcanic Trails tour. This tour will take you to some of the key places of the southern highlands, on some of the countrys most beautiful trails. From the peak of Sveinstindur by lake Langisjór, you follow the Eldgjá volcanic fissure along the Álftavatn, where you take the backroads to Landmannalaugar. An amazing trek through one of Iceland’s greatest volcanic regions.
Day 1: Reykjavík - Sveinstindur
Day 2: Sveinstindur - Skaftá - Skælingar
Day 3: Skælingar - Gjátindur - Eldgjá - Hólaskjól
Day 4: Hólaskjól - Álftavötn
Day 5: Álftavötn - Strútur
Day 6: Strútur - Hvanngil
Day 7: Hvanngil - Álftavatn
Day 8: Álftavatn - Dalakofinn
- Sleeping bag accommodation in dormitory (sleeping bags not included) for 9 nights
- Food for 9 days (from lunch day 1 to dinner on day 9)
- Cooking gear and transfer of luggage.
Guide during the trek
- Bus from Reykjavík to Sveinstindur and from Landmannalaugar to Reykjavík
- Sleeping bag
- Showers in huts (payable on site)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 95+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Complete Volcanic Trails tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 406 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 31 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Complete Volcanic Trails tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Complete Volcanic Trails tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.