- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the regionLonely Planetrecommended as a mustvisit place in 2016
- Follow the footsteps of Viking settlers, including famous explorers
- Visit locations mentioned in Icelandic Sagas
- Be captivated by Snaefellsjokull, a glacial volcano that has inspired authors and artists for hundreds of years
Travel along the spectacular West Iceland and the varied landscapes of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula, a showcase of lava formations, geothermal activity and Viking Saga history on the stunning Spectacular West Road Trip.The remote Westfjords are the least populated area in Iceland and ideal for off-the-beaten-track encounters with extraordinary nature. The Westfjords specialize in extremes: steep mountains plunge into deep fjords, rugged seabird cliffs hang over delicate beaches, andsteamy thermal poolsthat among flowering vegetation.
**Please note that the package price is based on 6 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 7 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 6 day rental is up and use ourFlybus Plus departure transfer.
Adviced car type: Toyota Auris or higher
What you get
Digital itinerarywith the.
Electronic version of Iceland Travel Booklet. Prior to your arrival we will send you an electronic version of our Iceland Travel Guide booklet. You can start preparing yourself for your upcoming Iceland trip and be prepared for your Iceland adventure!
Flexibility. With comprehensive maps and your own vehicle, drive at your own pace. Choose your preferred stops during the day.
Expertise– take advantage of our many years of experience. We plan routes that let you combine driving with good time to explore each area
We focus on safety– We use safe cars and plan the best itineraries for road conditions in each season. We also have a 24 hour emergency line if issues arise during your visit.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Reykjavik - Snaefellsnes Peninsula - Stykkisholmur
Day 3: Stykkisholmur - Brjanslaekur - Westfjords
Day 4: Patreksfjordur - Bildudalur - Thingeyri - Isafjordur
Day 5: Isafjordur - Holmavik - Strandir - Laugar Saelingsdalur
Day 6: Laugar Saelingsdalur - Borgarfjordur - Reykjavik
Day 7: Departure
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- 6 Icelandic style breakfasts (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 6 days with CDW, theft protection, unlimited mileage, VAT (Types of Car recommended:2.0 and higher)
- GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- Airport Service Charge
- * We highly recommend adding the one-way ferry to this tour. Please let us know at booking time and we will be happy to set up the ferry booking for you.
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Customer Care service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekends and holidays
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Ferry transfer across Breidafjordur Bay (can be added into the package- see price details) *
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spectacular West Iceland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 June 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spectacular West Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spectacular West Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.