- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy an unhurried tour of the Golden Circle, South Iceland and the Glacier Lagoon area, setting your own pace
- Take leisurely visits to amazing places like Thingvellir, The Diamond Beach, and Gullfoss falls
- Explore all Iceland’s “mustsee” attractions while also having the time to check out some of Iceland’s “hidden treasures”
- Take advantage of more opportunities to enjoy evening activities in the long nights of the midnight sun
Take the opportunity to really connect with the landscapes and culture in South Iceland, the Golden Circle and Glacier Lagoon regions at a slow pace. Stay in fewer hotels and have more moments each day for special experiences and discoveries.Want a driving holiday with more exploration and time to engage with Iceland’s unforgettable nature? Staying in just three hotels during your trip puts more time in your hands to fully discover and appreciate the hidden gems around the Golden Circle, South, Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach areas. You‘ll get the most out of each day and fully experience each part of magical South Iceland. Best of all, you’ll have the time to really enjoy the Iceland’s peaceful summer evenings, when the midnight sun paints a magical burnish on the countryside.
**Please note that the package price is based on 6 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 7, an additional supplement will be charged unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 6-day rental is up and use ourAirport Direct Transfer
What you get
Flexible, stress-free travelling. With our pre-booked hotel nights, comprehensive digital mapand your own vehicle, you can choose your own stops and activities along the way.
Digital itinerary with the. Thousands of points of interest with descriptions clearly displayed on your digital map. The points of interest can be customized to suit your interests and individual route
With our exclusive, you don´t have to worry about missing out and you will always find your way to your hotel after a full day oftraveling. It is easy to book day tours and activities in the app when you are on the road.
Expertise- take advantage of our many years of experience. We plan routes that let you combine driving with good time to explore each area
We focus on safety- We use safe cars and plan the best itineraries for road conditions in each season. We also have a 24-hour emergency line if issues arise during your visit.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Golden Circle area
Day 3: Iceland‘s South Shore
Day 4: Vatnajokull National Park
Day 5: South Coast Explorations
Day 6: Reykjavik
Day 7: Departure from Iceland
- Accommodation in a standard room for 6 nights
- 6 Icelandic-style breakfasts
- Rental car for 6 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT**
- FREE GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- GPS Road Guide in several different languages, safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration, emergency numbers and more.
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Tablet with the .
- A map view of your entire trip.
- Thousands of points of interest with descriptions clearly displayed on your map. The points of interest can be customized to suit your interests and individual route.
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Detailed Travel Booklet – Electronic version in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Customer care service during office hours
- Service fee and taxes
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities other than those noted in itinerary
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 (2:00pm) and 16:00 (4:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Iceland At A Slow Pace tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Iceland At A Slow Pace tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Iceland At A Slow Pace tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.