- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Get the essential overview of Iceland’s varied nature and culture on this highly rated tour
- Snap memorable pictures of famous wonders such as Kirkjufell, Geysir, Skogafoss, the Glacier Lagoon and the Blue Lagoon
- Hunt for the northern lights in optimal rural locations
- Enjoy the insights and lively commentary of our knowledgeable local guide
The Ultimate Introduction to Iceland This tour is a fantastic combination of our absolute favorite things to do in Iceland, from the iconic sites of the South and West to hidden treasures and local flavors such as lava caving, Blue Lagoon bathing, traditional tastes and storytelling and, of course, northern lights hunting!
Recommended For: First Time Visitors to Iceland, amateur photographers, People interested in authentic experiences and a great overview of Iceland
Interests: Natural Wonders, Authentic Local Experiences, Great photographic moments, northern lights, winter wonders
Day 1: Arrival in Iceland
Day 2 : Reykjavik – Snaefellsnes peninsula – Borgarfjordur
Day 3: Thingvellir National Park – Gullfoss – Geysir
Day 4: LAVA Centre – Seljalandsfoss – Skogafoss – Eldhraun – Southeastern Iceland
Day 5: Glacier Lagoon – Vatnajokull Park – Vik
Day 6: Reykjanes – Blue Lagoon – Reykjavik
Day 7: Farewell to the Land of Fire and Ice
- Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities in Reykjavik
- Accommodation 4 nights in a standard room with facilities in the countryside
- Icelandic breakfast (except arrival day)
- 4 two-course dinners with coffee / tea (days 2-5)
- Guided Coach Tour from day 2 to day 6
- Expert local English-speaking guide from day 2 to day 6
- Guided visit to Vatnshellir Lava Cave (day 2)
- Northern Lights guided hunt on foot one selected evening
- Informational meeting on evening of day 1
- Free Wi-Fi on board motor coach
- Local storyteller visit in Grundarfjordur town (day 2)
- Use of safety equipment for cave tour on day 2 (helmets, torches/flashlights)
- Geothermal bakery experience at Laugarvatn Fontana Baths (day 3)
- Entrance to the Lava Centre and a volcano film at the Lava Centre’s Cinema (day 4)
- Blue Lagoon bathing fee, including towel, silica mud mask and a drink of your choice (day 5)
- Use of crampons/cleats (if needed) for walking on snow/ice covered surfaces
- Northern Lights hunting kit on day 2 or 3 (use of flashlight, blanket and a hot drink)
- Great photo stops
- Seat rotation during the tour
- Customer care service during office hours
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Swimsuit at the Blue Lagoon (rentals included)
- Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 and 16:00 (2:00pm and 4:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 84 today.
- Save US$ 56+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Coast, Golden Circle & Snæfellsnes tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 320 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 16 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Coast, Golden Circle & Snæfellsnes tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Coast, Golden Circle & Snæfellsnes tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.