- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Reykjavik: Witness nature's most spectacular show on earth the Northern Lights.
- Skogafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Hvolsvollur: See the magnificent volcanoes of Hekla and Eyjafjallajokull.
- Hvolsvollur: Visit the Lava Centre, an interactive museum where you will learn about the geology and natural occurrences that have influenced and created Iceland's incredible landscapes.
Experience the iconic sights of Iceland as you gasp in awe at the exploding hot springs in Geysir and lose yourself in the Northern Lights dancing overhead in Reykjavik. From the thundering waterfalls of Skógafoss and the majesty of the Hekla volcano, to the allure of the Golden Circle and the earth shaking Mid-Atlantic Ridge, this one-week tour has it all. Uncover Iceland’s volcanic history at the Lava Centre en route to Vik, visit a geothermal bakery in Fontana where fresh bread is dug out of the hot ground before your very eyes and hone your horticulture skills at the massive greenhouse tomato farms in Friðheimar. Discover how Iceland was settled at a fascinating exhibit in Borgarnes and conclude your tour with a Local Expert in Old Reykjavik, as they guide you through the capital.
Day 1: The Viking City of Reykjavk
Day 2: South Shore Adventure to Vk Relaxed Start
Day 3: The Golden Circle to Flir
Day 4: Thingvellir, Borgarnes and Hsafell Relaxed Start
Day 5: Reykjavk sightseeing Relaxed Start
Day 6: Choice in Reykjavik Relaxed Start
Day 7: Farewell Reykjavk
- Reykjavik: This evening, delight in a delicious Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant where you round off your journey through one of the world's most naturally beautiful places.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner (D), and 2 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Quality accommodation
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Choose between two carefully selected activities
- Reykjavik: Visit Iceland's world-famous Blue Lagoon. Geothermic seawater flows from 2000 meters underground, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica and minerals.
- Reykjavik: Experience the magic of Iceland on an exhilarating flight-ride at FlyOver. This seated ride combines state-of-the art technology and special effects to show you Iceland's spectacular scenery, it really feels like you are flying!
- Hellisheidavirkjun: Visit Iceland's newest geothermal heat and electric power station in Hellisheidi, the second largest of its kind in the world. During this Make Travel Matter experience learn why Hellisheidavirkjun is a world leader in the utilisation of geothermal energy. The Power Plant has helped Iceland achieve 70% of the country's energy consumption through renewable energy sources. Hellisheidavirkjun Power Plant, advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy.
- Fontana: At a geothermal bakery, sample delicious rye bread dug hot from the ground. Using sustainable practices and only Icelandic ingredients, the bakery contributes to preserving the pristine and unspoiled nature of Iceland. They pledge to reduce waste and increase recycling, use nature friendly products, local Icelandic ingredients and educate their staff and visitors about the importance of sustainable/responsible consumption. Fontana Bakery, advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 12: Responsible Consumption & Production.
- Fridheimar: Explore a local farm and sample their sweet-tasting, homegrown tomatoes. Meet the family to learn about Icelandic horticulture and growing the tastiest tomatoes, all the while respecting the surrounding nature.
- Borgarnes: Learn about Iceland's history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Centre with your Local Expert.
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Scenic Iceland & the Northern Lights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 125+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Scenic Iceland & the Northern Lights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Scenic Iceland & the Northern Lights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Scenic Iceland & the Northern Lights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.