- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Ring Road Highlights is one of our best selling Road Trips! And no wonder, since it will take you to the most popular natural attractions in IcelandTravel around Iceland in eight days, taking in the highlights of the Ring Road, with the option of closing your tour by traversing the uninhabited interior of Iceland via the Kjolur highland track (weather permitting). Throughout this tour you will discover magical natural wonders, majestic landscapes and the unique character for which Iceland is renowned.
*Kjolur highland track is generally open mid-June through August; 4WD vehicle required.
**Please note that the package price is based on 7 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 8 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 7 day rental is up and use ourFlybus Plus departure transfer
Adviced car type: Toyota Auris or higher / Toyota RAV4 4WD or higher if going through Kjolur
Please note the ring road today contains a toll tunnel www.tunnel.is
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Thingvellir - Gullfoss - Geysir - South Shore
Day 3: Kirkjubaejarklaustur - Skaftafell - Jokulsarlon - Hofn
Day 4: Narrow Fjords - Steep Mountains - Picturesque Coastline – Intriguing Stone Collection
Day 5: Egilsstadir - Dettifoss - Husavik - Myvatn
Day 6: Myvatn - Akureyri/Skagafjordur
Day 7: Varmahlid - Reykholt - Borgarnes - Hvalfjordur - Reykjavik
Day 8: Departure
- 6 nights accommodation in countryside hotels
- 1 night accommodation in Reykjavik
- 7 daily breakfasts (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 7 days with CDW, theft protection, unlimited mileage, VAT (Types of Car recommended: car cat 2.0 or higher)
- GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- Airport Service Charge
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Customer Care Service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekdays and public holidays
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00 pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ring Road Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ring Road Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ring Road Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.