- Active and outdoor
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover fantastic geological and volcanic wonders in a surreal setting
- Stay in a scenic area with great options for outdoor fun and sightseeing
- Stay in a hotel whose hosts are from the Myvatn area and can recommend great activities and experiences
- Overnight in an area with good possibilities to see northern lights
Discover one of our favorite winter wonderlands: Lake Myvatn in North Iceland. Experience fantastical scenery as well as opportunities to try thrilling snow sports in this area known for northern lights sightings.Located just south of the Arctic Circle, Lake Myvatn is a winter outdoor fun paradise. Volcanic craters, ash cones, lava fields and colorful hot springs are an ideal backdrop for outdoor activities like snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snowshoe hiking, dog sledding and more. Best of all, you are well-situated to view the Northern Lights on cold, clear nights. Your home away from home is a hotel whose hosts know the area well and are eager to help you enjoy all the outdoor fun the Myvatn area has to offer.
Type of tour: Short break with a focus on outdoor adventure
Recommended For: First time visitors to Iceland, Repeat visitors, Explorers, Adventure Travelers
Interests: Winter activities, outdoor adventure, wilderness scenery, natural wonders, northern lights
Season: 1 February – 29 March 2021
Duration: 4 Days/3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival in the Land of Fire & Ice
Day 2: Wonders of Lake Myvatn area
Day 3: Day at your leisure
Day 4: Myvatn – Akureyri – Reykjavik
Day 5: Departure
- Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities in Reykjavik
- Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities at the Sel-Hotel in Myvatn
- Breakfast (except arrival day)
- Round-trip domestic flights on Air Iceland Connect between Reykjavik and Akureyri (excluding airport tax—see prices for the current tax amount)
- Round-trip transfer between Akureyri Airport and Sel-Hotel Myvatn
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- Northern lights wake-up call option at the Sel-Hotel Myvatn
- Short sightseeing tour of Lake Myvatn area
- Short sightseeing tour of Akureyri area
- Customer care service during office hours
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Round-trip transfers between airports and Reykjavik hotels
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 and 16:00 (2:00pm and 4:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Lights Special - Lake Mývatn & Akureyri tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Lights Special - Lake Mývatn & Akureyri tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Lights Special - Lake Mývatn & Akureyri tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.