- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Reykjavik: step foot in the Capital of Iceland
- Borgarfjördur Valley: climb volcanoes, watch waterfalls and warm up next to Europe's most powerful hot springs
- Snaefellsnes Peninsula: wander across rugged mountains, charming fishing villages and fjords
- Borgarnes: explore the Icelandic Settlement Centre and geothermal pools
Explore the best of West and South Iceland on our most inclusive Northern Lights tour.
Start and end in Rekyjavik, discover the Golden Circle, climb a volcano, meet Icelandic horses and relax in the Blue Lagoon. Cruise along fjords and taste fermented shark all whilst looking out for the spectacular Northern Lights on this soft cultural adventure.
Day: 1 Reykjavik
Day: 2 City Tour & Hot Springs
Day: 3 Mountains & Lights
Day: 4 Golden Circle & Horses
Day: 5 Black Lava Beach
Day: 6 Vatnajökull NP
Day: 7 Lava Fields & Lagoon
Day: 8 Reykjavik
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner. (traditional Icelandic dinner at Northern Light Inn Hotel)
- 7 nights standard hotels and cottage accommodation
- Fjord Cruise on Breidafjördur fjord including lunch
- Arrival and Departure Transfer with FlyBus from Keflavik Airport
- Transportation in heated coaches with free Wi-Fi on board
- Services of an English Speaking Icelandic Guide
- Northern Lights programme during 6 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights and midnight refreshments
- Visit to traditional shark curing farm, tasting of geothermally cooked bread and eggs
- Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse
- Visit to multi media presentation at Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Information Center
- Entrance into Skogar folk museum and turf houses
- Entrance with towel into the Blue Lagoon
- Use of winter and Northern lights explorer equipment simple non-slip snow and ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating a photo camera at night
- This tour is operated in conjunction with our trusted partner and you will join travellers from different operators, not solely On The Go. The sightseeing group may vary in size from 10 - 45 persons.
- International Flights and Visas
- Gratuity for your tour guide. Tipping your tour guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 125 today.
- Save US$ 83+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Lights Exploration - 8 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 08 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Northern Lights Exploration - 8 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Lights Exploration - 8 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.