- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3061
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- On this trip we are travelling in our own private minibus as this allows us to reach some more off the beaten path destinations and gives us flexibility which would not be possible by public transport. And on top of that all our vehicles in Iceland have complimentary Wi-Fi.
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice and vikings. Follow the scenic 'Golden Circle', visiting geothermal springs and geysers, the mighty waterfall of Gullfoss and the site of the nation's first parliament at Thingvellir
- Drive along the island’s spectacular South Shore past the Reynisdrangar Rocks and volcanic black sand beaches
- Head to Skaftafell National Park and get adventurous with a hike to Vatnajokull, Europe's largest glacier
- The aurora borealis is the best lightshow on Earth, and this trip is your ticket. Stay up late to see the northern sky dance with green light (subject to weather conditions and activity)
Gurgling hot springs, majestic waterfalls, volcanoes alive and extinct, Europe’s biggest glacier – Iceland, where adventures a la naturale await. Discover the raw natural beauty of this spectacular Nordic wonderland on a 6-day trip that will have you stalking close to epic glacial sheaths, feeling the icy spray of the Gullfoss waterfall and becoming acquainted with the culture and cuisine of an Arctic island outpost unlike any other.
Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
South Coast / Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Skaftafell National Park / Vik
- Guesthouse (3 nights), Hotel (2 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts
- Private minibus with free Wi-Fi
- An expert tour leader
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park
- Golden Circle - Strokkur Geysir
- Golden Circle - Gullfoss Waterfall
- Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon
- Skogafoss - Waterfall Visit
- South Coast - Dyrholaey Viewpoint
- Vatnajokull - Glacier Hike
- Reykjavik - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Lights Escape tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Lights Escape tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Lights Escape tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Lights Escape tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- The Northern Lights (also known as the Aurora Borealis) are a natural display of coloured lights in the night sky of the northern hemisphere. While Northern Light displays can never be guaranteed, as they are a natural phenomenon, you have a higher chance of seeing them in locations at high latitudes, such as Iceland. Please note that weather conditions and overall activity can affect visibility.
- Iceland can be an expensive destination in many ways, from museum entrance fees to visiting a cafe, but especially in terms of eating out. To provide you with an example, a main meal outside of Reykjavik can be around the ISK 4,500 mark. Your leader will be able to advise on how to save money. In remote areas the only option for dinner will be at the guesthouse we are staying at. Please stock up on food at a supermarket prior to arrival if you would like to opt out eating at the guesthouses' restaurants.
- Iceland can be extremely cold at this time of year. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions. There may be the rare occasion where your leader has to alter the itinerary and activities due to the weather which can cause roads being blocked, sites closure etc. Your leader will discuss the necessary changes and alternatives where possible.
- Due to the remote locations we visit, there are a few long drives on this trip. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know the other members of your group.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.