- Northern lights tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- This trip is designed to give you the best chance at seeing the spectacular dancing lights of the aurora borealis in the northern sky.
- Experience the breadth of Iceland's incredible natural phenomena – ancient volcanic rock formations, black pebble beaches, glacial lakes and geothermal lagoons.
- The waterfall at Gullfoss is stunning no matter the season, graced by opaque rainbows in the sunlight and shimmering with ice in the cold.
- Stay in an ecolodge on a working family farm in the Icelandic countryside, where meat and produce from the land is served in the restaurant.
Designed to maximise your chances of catching mother nature’s most spectacular show, this eight-day Northern Lights tour reveals more than the aurora. Search the sky for dancing lights from Hvolsvollur to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula by night and discover natural wonders on land by day. Go inland to view the mighty Gullfoss (Golden Waterfall), drive through hardened lava fields in Skaftafell National Park, see the eerily calm waters of the Glacier Lagoon and wander among Reynisdrangar’s imposing basalt sea stacks.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Day 1: Reykjavik
Day 2: Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
Day 3: Skaftafell National Park / Jokulsarlon / Vik
Day 4: South Coast / Blue Lagoon / Reykjavik
Day 5: Akureyri / Lake Myvatn
Day 6: Lake Myvatn
Day 7: Reykjavik
Day 8: Reykjavik
- Comfortable hotel (7 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 4 Dinners
- Private minibus
- Reykjavik - Complimentary Arrival Transfer Shuttle from Keflavik Airport
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park, Strokkur Geysir & Gullfoss Waterfall
- Aurora Spotting (weather dependent)
- Skaftafell National Park
- Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon
- Seljalandsfoss - Waterfall Visit
- Skogafoss - Waterfall Visit
- Reynisfjara Black Beach and Reynisdrangar Rocks
- Krauma - Geothermal Baths Visit
- Borgarfjordur - Hraunfossar & Barnafoss Waterfalls
- Borgarfjordur - Deildartunguhver Hot Spring
- Grundarfjordur Artisan Workshop Visit
- Reykjavik - Walking Tour
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Icelandic Northern Lights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 106+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Icelandic Northern Lights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 April 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Icelandic Northern Lights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Icelandic Northern Lights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The northern lights are most visible during the colder months, when temperatures can reach -15 °C or below and snow is very likely. It's important to bring appropriate clothing such as a down jacket, thermals layers, gloves and suitable footwear.
- On the rare occasion that your leader must alter the itinerary due to adverse weather, alternative activities will be offered.
- Many locations on this itinerary are remote, which means a few long drives. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know your fellow travellers.
- While there is a strong chance of seeing the northern lights in all their colourful glory (thanks to the high latitude, time of year and itinerary), nature makes no guarantees.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
The Intrepid Foundation