- Active and outdoor
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Follow Iceland's famous Ring Road and discover the volcanoes, waterfalls and glaciers that make up the countries dramatic landscape. Walk between two continents at Thingvellir National Park, see the mighty Gullfoss Waterfall and watch Strokkur Geysir erupt. Northern Lights - Stay up late and watch the Aurora Borealis light up the sky Hrisey Island - Discover Hrisey's laid back pace of life with a Viking guide Snow cat or super jeep ride - Take an exhilarating ride up Kaldbakur Mountain
Day 1 : Join trip in Reykjavik
Day 2 : Travel to Akureyri 'the capital of the north'
Day 3 : Explore Hrisey Island and sample the local beer
Day 4 : Experience Iceland's snow tractors and visit Godafoss waterfall, Lake Myvatn and the Nature Baths
Day 5 : Visit Egilsstadir en route to the Wilderness Centre
Day 6 : Coastal road to Hofn; chance to see the Northern Lights
Day 7 : Visit Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon and travel to Vik
Day 8 : Golden Circle tour of Geysir, Gullfoss and Thingvellir
Day 9 : Trip ends in Reykjavik
- 8 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Klettur (1 night)
- Icelandair Hotel Akureyri (2 nights)
- Sel Hotel (1 night)
- Wilderness Centre (1 night)
- Guesthouse Smyrlabjorg (1 night)
- Icelandair Hotel Vik (1 night)
- Hotel Cabin (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Winter Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 118+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Winter Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland Winter Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Winter Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.