- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A full circuit of the country combining all the major sites
- See the new craters formed by the Eyjafjallajokull eruption
- Wellequipped campsites, some next to hot springs or with hot tubs or showers
- Flybus transfer to meet any flight
This full-circuit trekking itinerary includes four full day hikes in some of the best hiking spots in Iceland as well as some shorter hikes on transit days. We start at the Troll peninsula and hike from the remote valley of Hedinsfjordur fjord to the fishing village Siglufjordur. Then we trek in the lunar-like Lake Myvatn landscape of pseudo craters, lava fields and plentiful hot springs. We move on to the dramatic south easst coast where we hike in the Vatnajokull NP as well as hike on one of the outlet glaciers from the Vatnajokull ice cap, which covers about 11% of Iceland. Our last camp is on the south coast in Vik where we do our last full day hike. On the last day we drive from Vik to international airport for those catching afternoon flight back home that day. From the airport we head for Reykjavik for those that have extended their trip.
Day 1: Start Reykjavik.
Day 2: Drive to Thorsmork Valley via Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
Day 3: Hike to the newly created craters and lava fields.
Day 4: Drive to Skaftafell via Skogafoss Waterfall and the Dyrholaey promontory.
Day 5: Hike to summit of Kristinartindar for astounding views.
Day 6: Travel to Bakkagerdi village, stopping at the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon and
Day 7: Hike to Storurd in the Dyrfjoll mountains.
Day 8: Drive to Lake Myvatn via the mighty Dettifoss Waterfall, explore the
Hverfjall Crater and Dimmuborgir Lava field.
Day 9: Full-day walk in volcanic Mt Krafla area.
Day 10: Drive to Kerlingarfjoll; explore hot springs.
- 8 nights fixed camping, 1 night en suite hotel , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 6 lunches
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 days and 2 half days walking
- Full porterage
- Low altitude throughout
- Group normally 7 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Walking Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 115+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Walking Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 328 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 07 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iceland Walking Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Walking Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.