- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Apart from experiencing all the natural treasures accessed via the Ring Road such as Geysir, Seljalandsfoss, and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, this tour dedicates two whole days to the wonders of South West Iceland, including the Borgarfjordur fjord and the mystic Snaefellsnes Glacier.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Thingvellir - Gullfoss - Fludir/Selfoss
Day 3: Thjorsardalur - Hella - Vik - Kirkjubaejarklaustur
Day 4: Skaftafell - Jokulsarlon – Egilsstadir
Day 5: Egilsstadir and Surroundings
Day 6: Dettifoss - Asbyrgi - Husavik - Myvatn
Day 7: Lake Myvatn - Akureyri
Day 8: Akureyri
Day 9: Akureyri - Laugarbakki - Stykkisholmur
Day 10: Stykkisholmur - Arnarstapi - Borgarfjordur
Day 11: Borgarfjordur - Reykholt - Hvalfjordur - Reykjavik
Day 12: Departure
- Accommodation for 11 nights including breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 11 days with CDW, theft protection, unlimited mileage, VAT (Types of Car recommended: car cat 2.0 or higher)
- FREE GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Customer Care Service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekends and public holidays
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called Iceland Travel Companion.
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Odyssey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 June 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland Odyssey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Odyssey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.