- Sightseeing tour
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy an itinerary that‘s great whenever you come to Iceland! Winter: Search for the unforgettable northern lights. Summer: Iceland’s long daylight hours give plenty time to pack your day with experiences and activities
- Meet the “star” attractions of the famous Golden Circle: Gullfoss Falls, Geysir hot spring area and Thingvellir National Park
- Explore the South Shore and its waterfalls, black sand beaches and glacial views
- Visit areas of amazing beauty—perfect for catching images to share with friends and family
Even with just a short stopover in Iceland, you can experience some unforgettable natural wonders on the Iceland Highlights road trip.Amidstsnow-capped black lava soak in the soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon. Then tour the sites of the famous Golden Circle — the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, two-tiered waterfall Gullfoss (Golden Falls) and the awe-inspiring eruptions of Strokkur in a field of geysers and hot springs, before exploring the volcanic landscape of Iceland‘s south shore.
Of course, the northern lights may also make an appearance if you are traveling between September and early April.
If you like the day-to-day itinerary for ourWinter Gemstour but are looking for a more inclusiveoption we recommend that you take a look at our Glacial Adventure self-drive.
Day 1: Arrival in the Land of Fire and Ice
Day 2: South Shore Adventure - Glaciers and Black Sands
Day 3: Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir / Golden Circle
Day 4: Departure from Iceland
- Accommodation in a standard room for 3 nights
- Breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 3 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT**
- FREE GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- GPS Road Guide in several different languages, safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration, emergency numbers and more.
- Customer care service during office hours24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in IcelandService fee and taxes
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Tablet with the .
- Customer care service during office hours
- Service fee and taxes
- A map view of your entire trip.
- Thousands of points of interest with descriptions clearly displayed on your map. The points of interest can be customized to suit your interests and individual route.
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Detailed Travel Booklet – Electronic version in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Admissions and activities other than those noted in itinerary
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 14:00 (2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 16+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 June 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.