- duration 7 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Informational booklets
- Explore the attractions found in the southern and western parts of Iceland
- Check out majestic waterfalls like Skogafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Gullfoss
- Visit beautiful national parks like Vatnajokull, Skaftafell, and Thingvellir
- Worry free travelling with the companion of our digital itinerary on the tablet in the car
Experience all the wonders of South and West Iceland, including geysers and hot spring areas, majestic glaciers, beautiful national parks and powerful waterfalls. Then continue along the South shore and reach the popular and breathtaking Glacial Lagoon, where smaller and bigger icebergs are constantly floating and drifting.
With the comfort of staying at the same hotel for more than one night, you have the flexibility to decide the length of your travel days.
Prior to your arrival, we will send you an electronic version of our Iceland Travel Guide booklet. You can start preparing yourself for your upcoming Iceland trip and be prepared for your Iceland adventure.
When you pick up your car at the airport, you will find a tablet in your car, pre-loaded with our Iceland Travel Companion app (To see a brief App introduction, please check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfH7JjRT0kA) including:
1. A map view of the Iceland road trip with thousands of points of nature sites, historic places, and roadside services
2. Detailed description of your journey, including hotel itinerary and GPS road guide to each of your hotels after a day of exploring
3. If you find yourself in a place that you'd like to explore further, you can book day tours and activities directly in your app
4. Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
5. Detailed pdf travel book about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
For this tour, you can choose between different types of self-drive categories, where the main difference between each category is the accommodation. This allows you to create an Iceland experience fitting your travel style. Options are as follows:
1. Comfort self-drive package will allow you to spend your days exploring rural Iceland, knowing your nights will be spent in the most comfortable accommodation each area has to offer. Throughout the tour you'll stay in quality hotels and guesthouses where all rooms have private facilities. Your final night will be in a 4-star hotel in Reykjavik.
2. Economy self-drive package offers staying in accommodation with private facilities without stretching your budget. Throughout your stay you'll be residing in a combination of standard hotels, farmhouses and guesthouses. Your final night will be in a 3-star hotel in Reykjavik.
3. Budget self-drive package will lower your costs considerably as you'll be staying in accommodation with shared facilities. These are a combination of basic hotels, farmhouses and guesthouses. The first night in all budget self-drives will include an accommodation with private facilities in the town of Hveragerdi.
4. Superior self-drive package includes premium amenities, either for the full duration of your stay or only selected nights. The upgrade can either be to a superior room in a comfort hotel, or a standard room in an upscale hotel.
The price of this tour will vary depending on the vehicle you choose as well. The package price is based on booking a car in category 2.0 Toyota Auris or similar. You can choose to upgrade your car. Car categories available are:
1. Cat 2.6: Toyota Auris Automatic or similar
2. Cat 4.0: Skoda Octavia 4wd Station or similar
3. Cat 4.1: Skoda Octavia 4wd Automatic or similar
4. Cat 5.0: Toyota Rav4 4wd or similar
5. Cat 5.1: Toyota Rav4 4wd Automatic or similar
Day 1: Geothermal Lagoon – Flower Village – Geothermal Greenho
Day 2: Gullfoss, Geysir and the South Coast
Day 3: Skaftafell - Glacial Lagoon - Vik
Day 4: Thingvellir - Borgarfjordur
Day 5: Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Day 6: Reykjanes Peninsula - Blue Lagoon
Day 7: Departure
- 2 nights accommodation in Reykjavik
- 4 nights in countryside hotels
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 6 days with CDW, theft protection, unlimited mileage, VAT (Types of Car recommended: any type of car)
- GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Airport Service Charge
- Fuel Discount Card
- Customer Care Service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekdays and public holidays
- Tablet with the Iceland Travel Companion App preinstalled, plus phone charger and standard outlet charger. The app includes:
- - Your hotel bookings with check-in and check-out dates
- - Highlights section for each day of the tour
- - A map view of your entire trip
- - Thousands of points of interest with descriptions clearly displayed on your map. The points of interest can be filtered to suit your interests and individual route
- - Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- - Book a day tour or activity directly in the app
- - Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Car Upgrade from 2.6 to 4.0
- Car Upgrade from 2.6 to 4.1
- Car Upgrade from 2.6 to 5.0
- Car Upgrade from 2.6 to 5.1
- Infant seat
- Child Seat (9-18 kg approx)
- Child Booster (15-36 kg approx
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00 pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Important Due to high demand, accommodation in Reykjavik for New Year’s Eve cannot be guaranteed. Must be 21 years of age to rent a car, 23 years of age to rent car category 5.0 or higher. Our road trip packages are designed by our team of travel experts. They are created for people like you who want to experience the very best of what Iceland has to offer. To get the best value Iceland Travel has to offer, book our road trips online. Please note that changes to the packages will incur a service fee. With our exclusive road trip app you don´t have to worry about missing out and you will always find your way to your hotel after a full day of traveling. It is easy to book day tours and activities in the app when you are on the road.