- Bird watching
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This fiveday tour is perfect for those who are after an express jaunt around to Iceland’s hotspots. See the wonders including the Golden Circle, southern Vik, and Jokulsarlon’s glacial lagoon.
- Explore Reynisfjara, the famous beach where black sand meets towering basalt columns and rocky cliffs where seabirds rest.
- Spend time exploring Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, perhaps walking along nearby Diamond Beach where chunks of icebergs wash up on the black sand, or opting for a lagoon cruising experience.
- Stand at the bottom of Skogafoss – a waterfall with a 60metre cascade – then hike along a winding wooden staircase to the fall’s crest for views of the coastline.
Want a big adventure in a short amount of time? Travel to Iceland and explore the ancient land of Vikings and volcanoes on this five-day Lonely Planet Experience. Traverse the Golden Circle and marvel at the explosive power of the Geysir Geothermal Area and Gulfoss waterfall. Walk the black sand beaches of the Jokulsarlon lagoon and decide whether take an optional walk on the mighty Myrdalsjokull glacier. This fast-paced adventure focuses on the natural, untamed beauty of Iceland – taking you straight to the heart of the action with a local leader by your side.
Day 1: Reykjavik
Day 2: Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
Day 3: South Coast / Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Day 4: Skaftafell National Park / Vik / Reykjavik
Day 5: Reykjavik
- Guesthouses & Farm Stays (4 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts
- Private minibus with free wi-fi
- An expert tour leader
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park
- Golden Circle - Strokkur Geysir
- Golden Circle - Gullfoss Waterfall
- South Coast - Skogafoss Waterfall Visit
- South Coast - Dyrholaey & Reynisfjara Rocks
- Reykjavik - Walking Tour
- Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Express tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The destinations visited on this trip can be cold throughout the year, especially between November and April. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions. There may be the rare occasion where your leader has to alter the itinerary and activities due to the weather. In this case an alternative will be offered.
- Due to the remote locations we visit, there are a few long drives on this trip. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know the other members of your group. On this trip we are travelling in our own private minibus with complimentary wi-fi.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin or multishare, single travellers will share a room with other travellers of the same gender. Twin-share, quad-share and multishare bunk accommodation may be used depending on the season and the make-up of the group. A single supplement is not available on this trip. Please also be aware that many guesthouses in Iceland offer shared bathrooms rather than ensuite facilities. Rooms in Iceland can be small, and at times you may be accommodated a short walk away from the main building.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal