- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover Iceland's star attractions and wild side with vast glaciers,
- Picturesque fjords and rugged coastline.
Iceland is a vast, evocative country, constantly evolving and changing through the sheer power of the geological forces that created it. There is a huge amount to see outside of the better known tourist spots of the south. We do of course see these, including Geysir, Thingvellir and Gullfoss, and get to understand why they are so popular! Our journey however continues, to explore areas less frequented by the average visitor. The starkly beautiful Icelandic coastline, the immense glaciers and the beauty of the Eastern Fjords are just some of the treasures that await, to say nothing of the almost indescribable geology of the north.Choose between the frozen landscape of the winter, when we see the sun rise and set every day and have the chance of Northern Lights, and the seemingly endless days of summer with 24hr daylight. It's no surprise so many blockbusters and TV series are filmed here, as dramatic landscapes go, this takes some beating.
Day 1: Our trip begins in Reykjavik with a short briefing at the hotel.
Day 2: Visit Thingvellir volcanic rift, Geysir waterspouts and Gullfoss Waterfall;
Day 3: Across southern Iceland towards the Eyafjallajokull Volcano Ice Cap, visiting
Kvernufoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls plus sea-cliffs, famous for puffins and
on to the beautiful Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
Day 4: Today we explore the beautiful east of Iceland, full of glistening fjords,
fishing villages and rich widlife.
Day 5: Studlagil Canyon, Saenautasel farm, Dettifoss Waterfall and the volcanic
Day 6: Lake Myvatn, Hverfell, Godafoss, Akureyri
Day 7: Siglufjordur, Hofsos, Borgarvirki, Kolufljufur Canyon
Day 8: Snaefellsness Peninsula, vikings and Stykkisholmur
Day 9: Follow the Snaefellsness coast before starting back for Reykjavik
Day 10: Our trip ends in Reykjavik after breakfast.
- 9 nights hotels and guesthousesTravel by airconditioned minibusGroup normally 7 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs ,All breakfasts includedAll accommodation All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 217 today.
- Earn US$ 145+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.