- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Volcanoes, waterfalls and geysers
- Fishing villages and puffins
- 24hr daylight in summer, chance for Northern Lights in winter
Iceland is a vast, evocative country, constantly evolving and changing through the sheer power of the geological forces that created it. There is a huge amount to see outside of the better known tourist spots of the south. We do of course see these, including Geysir, Thingvellir and Gullfoss, and get to understand why they are so popular! Our journey however continues, to explore areas less frequented by the average visitor. The starkly beautiful Icelandic coastline, the immense glaciers and the beauty of the Eastern Fjords are just some of the treasures that await, to say nothing of the almost indescribable geology of the north.Choose between the frozen landscape of the winter, when we see the sun rise and set every day and have the chance of Northern Lights, and the seemingly endless days of summer with 24hr daylight. It's no surprise so many blockbusters and TV series are filmed here, as dramatic landscapes go, this takes some beating.
Day 1: Our trip begins in Reykjavik with a short briefing at the hotel.
Day 2: Visit Thingvellir volcanic rift, Geysir waterspouts and Gullfoss Waterfall;
Day 3: Across southern Iceland towards the Eyafjallajokull Volcano Ice Cap, visiting
Kvernufoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls plus sea-cliffs, famous for puffins and
on to the beautiful Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
Day 4: Today we explore the beautiful east of Iceland, full of glistening fjords,
fishing villages and rich widlife.
Day 5: Studlagil Canyon, Saenautasel farm, Dettifoss Waterfall and the volcanic
Day 6: Lake Myvatn, Hverfell, Godafoss, Akureyri
Day 7: Siglufjordur, Hofsos, Borgarvirki, Kolufljufur Canyon
Day 8: Snaefellsness Peninsula, vikings and Stykkisholmur
Day 9: Follow the Snaefellsness coast before starting back for Reykjavik
Day 10: Our trip ends in Reykjavik after breakfast.
- 9 nights hotels and guesthouses , All accommodation
- All breakfasts included
- Travel by specialist overland vehicle
- All transport and listed activities
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 122 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iceland Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.