- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Let us provide you with an excellent overview of Iceland and its unique wonders
- We’ll take you to view firsthand many of the classic natural wonders, including the Golden Circle, the Glacier Lagoon, Reynisfjara Beach, Dettifoss waterfall and Myvatn nature reserve
- Enjoy a glimpse into Icelandic life with authentic local activities and delicious dinners– great experiences that also add great value
- Discover and learn about Iceland from our handpicked local guides, who are passionate and knowledgeable about Iceland
Enjoy the northern lights version of our most popular tour! We’ll show you the main attractions of the legendary Ring Road, but with the added beauty—and northern lights—of an Icelandic winter.Visit allIceland’smain attractions along the Ring Road escorted by a professional local guide in our bestseller tour, Iceland Complete.
With so much to discover and explore in Iceland, this classic, best-selling tour highlights the natural wonders, majestic landscapes and the unique character of Iceland. Witness “must-see“ attractions such as the Golden Circle, the Glacier Lagoon, Lake Myvatn and Dettifoss, with extra-added magical snow, peacefulness, lights and shadows. Hunt for northern lights; northern lights wake-up calls are also available on most nights of your trip, ensuring you don’t miss your chance to see the lights.
This is a classic circle tour that provides the perfect mix of culture and nature.This tour has been ourbest sellerfor nearly 20 years.
Type of tour: Escorted Multi-day Tour (Guided Tour)
Recommended For: First Time Visitors to Iceland, Instagram photographers, Ring Road explorers, Authentic Experience seekers
Interests: Natural Wonders, Ring Road travel, Geology, History, Great photographic moments, northern lights, winter landscapes, Authentic experiences
Maximum size: 36 participants
Minimum size: Guaranteed with 2 participants
Departure dates: Oct. 14, 28, 2020; Feb. 17; Mar. 17; Apr. 7, 2021
Day 1: Arrival in Iceland
Day 2: Geysir – Gullfoss – Skogar – Dyrholaey – Vik
Day 3: Vatnajokull National Park –Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon – Hofn
Day 4: Hofn – East Fjords – Egilsstadir
Day 5: Lake Myvatn Area
Day 6: Lake Myvatn Area – Akureyri – Siglufjordur
Day 7: Skagafjordur – Borgarnes
Day 8: Borgarfjordur – Thingvellir – Reykjavik
Day 9: Farewell to the Land of Fire and Ice
- Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities in Reykjavik
- Accommodation 6 nights in a standard room with facilities in the countryside
- Icelandic breakfast (except arrival day)
- 6 three-course local-cuisine dinners in the countryside (main course and dessert) with coffee/tea (Days 2 -7)
- Guided Coach Tour from day 2 to day 8
- Expert professional English-speaking local guide from day 2 to day 8
- Northern Lights guided hunt on foot one selected evening
- Free Wi-Fi on board motor coach
- Microbrewery visit and beer tasting in Breiddalsvik (Day 4)
- Entrance to Laufas Folk Museum incl. Icelandic-style refreshments (Day 6)
- Horse Show in Skagafjordur (Day 7)
- Entrance to the Herring Era Maritime Museum (Day 7)
- Use of crampons/cleats (if needed) for walking on snow/ice covered surfaces
- Great photo stops
- Seat rotation during the tour
- Northern Lights hunting kit (use of blanket and headlight)
- Customer care service during office hours
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- Also (Added Value)
- Northern Lights “wake-up call” option during the night on days 2- 4 (please note: available at most countryside hotels)
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 and 16:00 (2:00pm and 4:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 145 today.
- Save US$ 96+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Complete – Winter Aurora Edition tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 550 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 11 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iceland Complete – Winter Aurora Edition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Complete – Winter Aurora Edition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.