- Hot springs
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness the diversity of Iceland's natural phenomena – bubbling volcanic solfataras, rootless craters, glacial lakes and geothermal lagoons.
- Stunning no matter when you see it, Gullfoss is more than simply Iceland's largest waterfall, and in the sunlight, it’s graced by a dazzling rainbow!
- On your journey from Skaftafell, you'll drive through fields of lava created by Laki's famous volcanic eruption of 1783.
- Raise a glass to the stunning natural scenery with a schnapps and traditional Icelandic delicacy tasting overlooking the Arctic Ocean.
Explore the beautifully rugged landscapes of Iceland’s western peninsulas with soaring coastal cliffs, centuries-old volcanic glaciers and idyllic waterfalls on a nine-day small group adventure. Enjoy a boat cruise between icebergs at Glacier Lagoon, trek around vast waterside craters, visit local artisans in Grundarfjordur and charming fishing villages, and dip your toes in the Arctic Ocean. See the highlights of Iceland with expert local knowledge and time to explore – you’ll get a true taste of this Northern European outpost.
Thingvellir National Park / Borgarfjordur / Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Snaefellsnes Peninsula / Skagafjordur
Trollaskagi Peninsula / Akureyri
Lake Myvatn / Modrudalur Valley
East Fjords / Jokulsarlon / Skaftafell
Skaftafell National Park / Vik / South Coast / Hvolsvollur Area
Golden Circle / Reykjavik
- Comfortable hotel (8 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- Reykjavik - Complimentary Arrival Transfer Shuttle from Keflavik Airport
- Borgarfjordur - Deildartunguhver Hot Spring
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park (Parliament Plains)
- Borgarfjordur - Hraunfossar & Barnafoss Waterfalls
- Snaefellsnes Peninsula - Snaefellsjokull, Arnarstapi & Stykkisholmur
- Trollaskagi Peninsula - Siglufjordur
- Myvatn - Godafoss Waterfall
- Myvatn - Namaskard Boiling Mud Pools, Dimmuborgir & Skutustadir Crater Group
- Dettifoss - Waterfall Visit
- Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon Boat Ride
- East Fjords - Scenic Drive
- South Coast - Reynisdrangar & Solheimajokull Glacier
- South Coast - Laki Lava Fields
- South Coast - Seljalandsfoss & Skogafoss Waterfalls
- Hvolsvollur Valley - Responsible Travel Tree Planting Activity
- Reykjavik - Walking Tour
- Golden Circle - Strokkur Geyser & Gullfoss Waterfalll
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Iceland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 167+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Iceland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Iceland can be very cold at any time of year, so it's important to bring appropriate clothing. On the rare occasion that your leader has to alter the itinerary due to adverse weather, alternative activities will be offered.
- Many locations on this itinerary are remote, which means a few long drives of around 6 hours. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know your fellow travellers. Of course, you will stop frequently for photo opportunities.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
The Intrepid Foundation
Climate and seasonal