- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take the opportunity to travel off the beaten track through two of Iceland‘s highland tracks; Kjolur and Landmannalaugar, both offering magnificent and exotic landscapes.
- Visit the worldfamous Golden Circlenatural wonders
- Walk on the black sand beachesand see Skogafossand Seljalandsfoss waterfalls along the south shore
- Take in the majesty ofVatnajokull National Parkthat includesSkaftafell, the Glacier Lagoon and the Diamond Beach
During this nine-day driving holiday, you will have the opportunity to see most of the country’s top attractions as well as the contrasting nature in Iceland’s beautiful interior highland wilderness.You will not only be driving on the Ring Road, but also off the beaten track on two of Iceland’s highland roads, Kjolur and Landmannalaugar routes, both offering magnificent and breath-taking views of Iceland’s exotic wilderness landscapes. Experience ever-changing views from colorful geothermal highlands to fertile green coastal lowlands.
* Please note that the package price is based on 8×24 hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 9 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 6 day rental is up and use ourFlybus Plus departure transfer.
Please note the ring road today contains a toll tunnel www.tunnel.is
What you get
Digital itinerarywith the
Electronic version of Iceland Travel Road Guide. Prior to your arrival we will send you an electronic version of our Iceland Travel Road Guide. You can start preparing yourself for your upcoming Iceland trip and be prepared for your Iceland adventure!
Flexibility. With comprehensive maps and your own vehicle, drive at your own pace. Choose your preferred stops during the day.
Expertise– take advantage of our many years of experience. We plan routes that let you combine driving with good time to explore each area.
We focus on safety– We use safe cars and plan the best itineraries for road conditions in each season. We also have a 24 hour emergency line if issues arise during your visit.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Thingvellir - Gullfoss - Geysir
Day 3: Kjolur - Hveravellir - Skagafjordur
Day 4: Akureyri - Lake Myvatn
Day 5: Husavik - Dettifoss - Egilsstadir
Day 6: East Fjords - Hofn
Day 7: Jokulsarlon - Skaftafell - Kirkjubaejarklaustur
Day 8: Landmannalaugar - Reykjavík
Day 9: Departure
- 7 nights accommodation in countryside hotels
- 1 night accommodation in Reykjavik
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 8 days with CDW, theft protection, unlimited mileage, VAT (Types of Car recommended: Toyota RAV4 4WD or higher).
- GPS system with car and no charges for an additional driver
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Customer Care service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekends and holidays
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00 pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlands And Lowlands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 June 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlands And Lowlands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlands And Lowlands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.