- Sightseeing tour
- Bus tour
- Active and outdoor
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- • Let us provide you with a great introduction to Iceland and its unique wonders
- • We’ll take you to view firsthand many of the classic natural wonders, including the Golden Circle area, the Glacier Lagoon and Reynisfjara Beach
- • Enjoy a glimpse into Icelandic life with activities like meeting Search and Rescue team members and a visit to a geothermal bakery
- • Discover and learn about Iceland from our handpicked local guides, who are passionate and knowledgeable about Iceland
- Comfort: Nov. 5, Dec. 17. 2020; Feb. 11, Mar. 25. 2021
- Quality: Oct. 8, 15, 22,27, 29; Nov. 12, 17, 19, 26; Dec. 10. 2020; Jan. 14, 21, 26, 28; Feb. 16, 18, 23, 25; Mar. 4, 9, 16, 18, 23; Apr. 1, 6. 2021
- Show more
See first-hand Iceland’s amazing natural forces on this best-selling winter visit to Iceland’s beloved South Shore region. Enjoy a great introduction to the land of Fire and Ice and a chance to hunt for the elusive northern lights. Discover the unforgettable hidden powers that helped shape Iceland on this best-selling tour! Experience first-hand the island’s natural wonders such as Geysir, Gullfoss waterfall, the Glacial Lagoon/Diamond Beach, Eyjafjallajokull Volcano and the Blue Lagoon. Several overnights are in excellent locations for northern lights hunting.
Day 1: Arrival in Iceland
Day 2: Thingvellir - Geysir – Gullfoss
Day 3: Iceland’s South Shore
Day 4: Vatnajokull National Park - Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
Day 5: Hveragerdi – Blue Lagoon – Reykjavik
Day 6: Farewell to the Land of Fire and Ice
- • Guided Coach Tour from day 2 to day 5 • Expert professional English-speaking local guide from day 2 to day 5 • Free Wi-Fi on board motor coach • Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities in Reykjavik • Accommodation 3 nights in a standard room with facilities in the countryside • Icelandic breakfast (except arrival day) • 3 Two-course local-cuisine dinners in the countryside (main course and dessert) with coffee/tea (Day 2, 3, 4) • Entrance fee to the Aurora Reykjavik Northern Lights Centre (day 2) • Visit to outdoor geothermal bakery and taste of steam-baked rye bread (day 2) • Entrance fee to the LAVA Centre and volcano film at the LAVA Centre Cinema (day 3) • Visit and introduction to an Icelandic Search Rescue Team Base on one of the days during your trip • Blue Lagoon admission, including towel rental, silica mud mask and one drink (day 5) • Use of crampons/cleats (if needed) for walking on snow/ice covered surfaces • Great photo stops • Seat rotation during the tour • Northern lights guided hunt on foot one selected evening • Northern lights hunting kit (use of blanket and headlight) • Customer care service during office hours • 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland • Northern Lights “wake-up call” option during the night on days 2- 4 (please note: available at most countryside hotels)
- • Breakfast on arrival day
- • International airfare
- • Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- • Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- • Swimsuit at the Blue Lagoon (rentals available)
- • Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
- • Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- • Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 and 16:00 (2:00pm and 4:00pm)
- • Guaranteed late check-out
- • Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hidden Powers & Northern Lights Hunt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 February 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Powers & Northern Lights Hunt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Powers & Northern Lights Hunt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is recommended to all guests on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.