- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the mustsee attractions of the Golden Circle
- Travel in the footsteps of the Viking Sagas in Borgarfjordur and surrounding area
- Explore the South Coast with its black sand beaches, glaciers and volcanoes
- June – August: With an easy upgrade of your rental car to 4WD, you can travel through the highland track of Kaldidalur, a scenic mountain pass between two glaciers
The popular Golden Circle road trip focuses on the many star attractions of Iceland’s beautiful southStopping at impressive waterfalls and gleaming glaciers along the way, the tour hits all the major hot spots of the region, including the famous attractions of the Golden Circle; Geysir geothermal area, Gullfoss waterfall and Thingvellir National Park, and stunning black beaches.
Between mid September and mid April you can search for the elusive and unforgettable Northern Lights, best seen on cold and clear nights.
From the start of May until mid September the long day light hours give you many opportunities to enjoy Iceland’s natural wonders long into the evening.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: South Coast
Day 3: Thjorsardalur Valley - Gullfoss - Geysir
Day 4: Thingvellir - Borgarfjordur Area
Day 5: Departure
- 4 nights accommodation
- 4 Icelandic style breakfasts (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 4 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT** Types of Car recommended: any type.
- GPS system with car and additional authorized driver
- Car pick-up/drop-off at Keflavik international airport
- Airport Service Charge
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Customer Care Service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekdays and public holidays
- Tablet with a new travel app called (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00 pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 21+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Golden Circle Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Golden Circle Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Golden Circle Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.