- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 1+ years old
- age_requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the landscape and learn the history of Thingvellir National Park
- Visit the natural steam baths of Laugarvatn Fontana wellness centre
- See Gullfoss waterfall cascading into the Hvítá river canyon
- View the erupting hot springs at Geysir geothermal area
The tour begins with an exploration of Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia split and drift apart, which literally enables you to be in two continents at once. You will see Iceland’s largest natural lake and learn the incredible story of how Iceland’s first parliament was formed.
Next, we move on to the amazing Gullfoss waterfall where you can take a short walk down a pathway and get close enough to feel the mist of glacial water on your skin. Gullfoss is a powerful waterfall with a powerful history, which you will get to learn more about from an expert guide.
Afterwards, we'll visit is Geysir geothermal area, home to the geyser that all other geysers are named after. Check out the Great Geysir, which is often called the "mother of all geysers". Next to it is Strokkur, which is the most active geyser and erupts every few minutes so you are guaranteed to see an eruption up close.
Finally, we move to Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths which is located in the center of the Golden Circle. These natural steam baths of Lake Laugarvatn have known to have healing powers and have been attracting visitors since 1929. Rejuvenate yourself in the steam room cabins, sauna, outdoor mineral baths (that have various depths, sizes and temperatures) or take a dip in the Lake itself for a relaxing end of an exciting day.
You've truly experienced the best of Iceland on this tour.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional travel guide
- Entrance fee to Fontana Spa
- Meals and drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThe stop at the natural geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana is approximately 2 hours. Bring a swimsuit. Bring a towel or rent one at Fontana Spa. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.