- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Spouting geysers, soaring waterfalls, black sand beaches, ice lagoons and the chance to search for the Northern Lights are some of the many natural wonders you can expect on the Glorious Glaciers and Northern Lights road trip.During winter, the most majestic of all Icelandic natural sights are the glorious glaciers spread across West and South Iceland. These forces of nature have carved Iceland‘s landscape on their ponderous march to the sea. Discover their ever-changing beauty and the importance of glaciers to both Iceland and to the entire world.
On the „Glorious Glaciers and Northern Lights“ road trip, you will get the chance to see Langjokull glacier, Eyjafjallajokull glacier, Myrdalsjokull glacier and Vatnajokull glacier, the largest glacier in Europe.
Winter is also the best season to try out some glacial activities such as snowmobiling on a glacier, glacier hiking or going into the heart of a glacier on an ice caving tour! Afterwards, taking a dive into the natural hot springs or geothermal swimming pools is the perfect way to end the day.
Stay overnight in stunning locations that make a fabulous backdrop for the elusive Northern Lights.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Borgarfjordur
Day 3: Borgarfjordur and Langjokull Glacier
Day 4: The Golden Circle
Day 5: South Coast
Day 6: Vatnajokull National Park
Day 7: South Coast to Reykjavik
Day 8: Departure
- 2 nights accommodation at hotel in Reykjavik including breakfast (except arrival day)
- 2 nights accommodation in West Iceland, including breakfast
- 3 nights accommodation in South Iceland, including breakfast
- Rental car (Yaris or similar - upgrade available for a fee) for 7 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT
- GPS system with car and additional authorized driver**
- Car pick-up/drop-off at Keflavik international airport.
- Airport Service Charge.
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Customer Care service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekends and public holidays.
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called Iceland Travel Companion (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Glorious Glaciers And Northern Lights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 17 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Glorious Glaciers And Northern Lights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Glorious Glaciers And Northern Lights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.