- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Experience a week of natural wonders during peak northern lights season. Explore Iceland’s famous south and south-west, the perfect setting for a glacial adventure with volcanoes, black-sand beaches and geysers.What’s better than spending a week exploring natural wonders? It’s discovering natural wonders during prime northern lights viewing season! Drive the dramatic coastlines of the volcanic South and Southwest Iceland, discovering the glaciers, black sand beaches, and glorious waterfalls. You’ll view the major natural wonders that have made Iceland famous, enhanced by the beautiful lights and shadows of an Arctic winter.
It’s a perfect area for wintry adventures such as snowmobiling or glacier hiking. You’ll also be in prime locations to view northern lights, best seen on cold, clear nights.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Thingvellir - Geysir - Gullfoss
Day 3: South Shore - Eyjafjallajokull Volcano
Day 4: Skaftafell National Park - Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
Day 5: Hveragerdi - Blue Lagoon - Reykjavik
Day 6: Departure
- 2 nights accommodation in Reykjavik with private facilities
- 3 nights accommodation in countryside hotels with private facilities
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 5 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT
- GPS system with car and an additional authorized driver
- Car pick-up/drop-off at Keflavik international airport
- Airport Service Charge
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Customer Care service during office hours
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours, including weekends and public holidays.
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called Iceland Travel Companion (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Glacial Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Glacial Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Glacial Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.