- duration 15 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as whales, seals and seabirds
- Explore the Ilulissat Icefjord and Kujataa farming communities, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Meet locals and experience traditional Inuit settlements
- Visit Norse historical sites and learn about this fascinating culture
Enjoy an ultra-immersive exploration of Greenland’s most remote regions, sailing the icy waters of the rarely traveled southeast coast, traveling down to the lush southern tip, and stopping to visit local communities and observe imposing glaciers of the west coast. Visits to picturesque villages and Norse ruins will provide guests with an intimate look into Greenland’s distinct culture and history, while the rugged landscape, highlighted by dramatic fjords, imposing glaciers, towering mountains and verdant valleys, will leave you breathless. On Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay, spectacular, unspoiled wonders await at every turn.
Day 1 : Arrive in Reykjavik, Iceland
Day 2 : Embarkation Day in Reykjavik
Day 3 : At Sea
Days 4 and 5 : Exploring East Greenland
Days 6 and 7 : Exploring South Greenland
Days 8 to 13 : Exploring West Greenland
Day 14 : Disembark in Kangerlussuaq and Fly to Reykjavik
Day 15 : Depart Reykjavik, Iceland
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.