- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Plenty of time to cover all the major stunning attractions Iceland has to offer on the Ring Road
- Enjoy a leisurely holiday combining driving with plenty time to enjoy sightseeing and activities
- Explore all Iceland‘s main attractions in the Golden Circle and along the South Shore
- Take advantage of countryside hotel locations to scout for northern lights (midSeptember – Octoberand early–mid April)
This best-selling self-drive tour explores Iceland’s rich natural treasures, including national parks, beautiful waterfalls, striking glaciers, magnificent volcanoes and hot springs.The Around Iceland Road Trip favourite explores Iceland’s rich natural treasures, including national parks, beautiful waterfalls, striking glaciers, magnificent volcanoes and hot springs. These include Reykjavik city, Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir, Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Lake Myvatn, and Thingvellir and Vatnajokull National parks. You will have ample time to cover all the hot spots that Iceland has to offer on its famous Ring Road.
**Please note that the package price is based on 9 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 10 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 9 day rental is up and use ourflybus departure transfer.
Adviced car type: Toyota Auris or higher. Please note the ring road today contains a toll tunnel www.tunnel.is
What you get
Worry free travelling
Digital itinerary with thepre-installed on a tablet.
Electronic version of the Iceland Travel Road Guide. Prior to your arrival we will send you an electronic version of our Iceland Travel Guide booklet. You can start preparing yourself for your upcoming Iceland trip and be prepared for your Iceland adventure!
Flexibility. With comprehensive maps and your own vehicle, drive at your own pace. Choose your preferred stops during the day and if traveling in early April, September or October -hunt for northern lights in the evening.
Expertise– take advantage of our many years of experience. We plan routes that let you combine driving with good time to explore each area
We focus on safety– We use safe cars and plan the best itineraries for road conditions in each season. We also have a 24 hour emergency line if issues arise during your visit.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Hveragerdi - Geysir - Thingvellir - Borgarfjordur
Day 3: Borgarfjordur - Blonduos - Varmahlid - Akureyri
Day 4: Akureyri - Lake Myvatn
Day 5: Lake Myvatn Area
Day 6: Husavik - Tjornes - Dettifoss - Egilsstadir
Day 7: Reydarfjordur- Stodvarfjordur - Djupivogur - Hofn
Day 8: Hofn - Skaftafell – Kirkjubaejarklaustur
Day 9: Vik - Skogar - Reykjavik
Day 10: Departure
- 8 nights accommodation in countryside hotels
- 1 night accommodation in Reykjavik
- 9x Icelandic style breakfasts (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 9 days with CDW, theft protection, unlimited mileage, VAT (Types of Car recommended: 2.0 or higher)
- GPS system and no charges for an additional driver
- Airport Service Charge
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Iceland Travel Road Guide about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Customer care service during office hours
- Emergency phone line available 24/7, including weekends and public holidays
- Service fee and taxes
- Tablet with a new travel app called (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental).
- Highlight section for each day of the tour
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- In-app purchase feature to book day tours or activities directly into the app
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Around Iceland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Around Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Around Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.