- Sightseeing tour
- Active and outdoor
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 36
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stay in both two unique Icelandic communities: Reykjavik, Iceland’s bustling capital, and Akureyri, a town located just below the Arctic Circle
- Discover surreal and beautiful natural wonders on a small group tour to the Lake Myvatn area
- Travel through a region that has been used as filming locations for science fiction, fantasy and action movies
- Bathe in the relaxing geothermal waters of the Myvatn Nature Baths
Experience Reykjavik, Akureyri and Lake Myvatn on a 4-night city “North and South” city break in Iceland. Enjoy the charming and scenic town of Akureyri as well as the amazing volcanic landscapes of the Lake Myvatn area.Experience Reykjavik, Akureyri and Lake Myvatn on a 4-night city break in Iceland. The culturally vibrant and friendly town of Akureyri is a great base for exploring North Iceland’s breath-taking natural wonders. Enjoy a small-group day tour to view the spectacular volcanic features of Lake Myvatn and the gorgeous Godafoss waterfalls. You’ll also enjoy a relaxing visit to the geothermal Myvatn Nature Baths.
Type of tour: Short break with a focus on North Iceland’s amazing natural wonders
Recommended For: First time visitors to Iceland, Repeat visitors, Hot springs enthusiasts, Photography buffs, Off-the-beaten path travelers
Interests: Spectacular scenery, Small town culture and charm, natural wonders, volcanoes, hot springs, geology
Season: All year
Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Wonders of North Iceland - Akureyri
Day 3: Lake Myvatn Wonders
Day 4: Day at leisure - Afternoon flight to Reykjavík
Day 5: Departure
- Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities in Reykjavik
- Accommodation 2 nights in a standard room with facilities in Akureyri
- Breakfast (except arrival day)
- Round-trip domestic flights on Air Iceland Connect between Reykjavik and Akureyri (excluding airport tax—see prices for the current tax amount)
- Guided small group tour of Lake Myvatn area (day 3)
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- Entry fee to the Myvatn Nature Baths with towel
- Customer care service during office hours
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
- Swimsuit at Myvatn Nature Baths (rentals available)
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 and 16:00 (2:00pm and 4:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Akureyri And Lake Mývatn Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Akureyri And Lake Mývatn Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Akureyri And Lake Mývatn Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate using larger buses than normally used to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- This tour will operate within guidelines sort forth by the Icelandic health, safety, and tourism authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic.