- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 500 meters
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Discover the best of what South Iceland has to offer
- Witness the magical Northern lights while relaxing in a rooftop hot tub
- Experience the atmosphere at Midgard Base Camp
- Icewalk at Sólheimajökull Glacier
✓ Experience a super jeep adventure in Þórsmörk, the Valley of the Thunder God Thor.
✓ Witness the magical Northern lights while chilling in a rooftop hot tub.
✓ Discover amazing and breathtaking south coast sites such as Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, Reynisfjara the black sand beach and Dyrhólaey island.
✓ Ice-walk at Sólheimajökull Glacier.
✓ Stay at our newly opened Midgard Base Camp, filled with local people and good vibes. Comfortable beds, delicious food from Midgard Base Camp restaurant, locally brewed beer at the bar, fuzzball table and not to mention the rooftop sauna and hot tub where to look for the Northern lights.
Our guide was Atti who was professional, informative and good company. It was slightly restrictive having a five year old on such a long outing but nothing phased Atti and we managed to see the varied and beautiful terrain and have a good soak in the river. On other days we also popped into their new building Base Camp which is great and provided a warm welcome, a good lunch and some helpful tips.”
Day 1: Airport - Reykjanes peninsula to Midgard Basecamp
Day 2: The south coast and introduction to the glacial world
Day 3: Þórsmörk or Eyjafjallajökull super jeep tour
Day 4: Heading back to civilization
- Reykjavík/airport pick up on day 1 and drop off in Reykjavík/airport on day 4
- Accommodation in bunk beds (6 bed dorm) at Midgard Base Camp. Upgrade is possible.
- Guided tours all days
- Ice walk
- Northern lights evening tour (if the forecast is good)
- All meals (except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day)
- Private double room
- Personal expenses
- Breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day
- Save +US$ 47 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.The starting time of this tour may very. If people arrive in Iceland on the day the tour starts we can pick them up from the airport early morning until noon but if people prefer to be picked up in Reykjavík our aim is to pick them up around 10.