Ring Road Highlights is one of our best selling Road Trips! And no wonder, since it will take you to the most popular natural attractions in IcelandTravel around Iceland in eight days, taking in the highlights of the Ring Road, with the option of closing your tour by traversing the uninhabited interior of Iceland via the Kjolur highland track (weather permitting). Throughout this tour you will discover magical natural wonders, majestic landscapes and the unique character for which Iceland is renowned.
*Kjolur highland track is generally open mid-June through August; 4WD vehicle required.
**Please note that the package price is based on 7 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 8 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 7 day rental is up and use ourFlybus Plus departure transfer
Adviced car type: Toyota Auris or higher / Toyota RAV4 4WD or higher if going through Kjolur
Please note the ring road today contains a toll tunnel www.tunnel.is
Day 1: Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Day 2: Thingvellir - Gullfoss - Geysir - South Shore
Day 3: Day 3: Kirkjubaejarklaustur - Skaftafell - Jokulsarlon - Hofn
Day 4: Day 4: Narrow Fjords - Steep Mountains - Picturesque Coastline – Intriguing Stone Collection
Day 5: Day 5: Egilsstadir - Dettifoss - Husavik
Day 6: Day 6: Myvatn - Akureyri/Skagafjordur
Day 7: Day 7: Varmahlid - Reykholt - Borgarnes - Hvalfjordur - Reykjavik
Day 8: Day 8: Departure
- · Accommodation in a standard room for 7 nights
- · Icelandic-style breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 7 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT* Vehicle type in this package is based on Economy 4wd: Suzuki Swift 4WD or similar
- Car pick-up/drop-off at Keflavik international airport
- · Authorization for two people to drive the rental car during your trip
- *Please note that the package price is based on 7 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 8, an additional supplement will be charged unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 7-day rental is up and use our Airport Direct departure transfer.
- Approximately 1500 star points all over Iceland, plus 35 points of interest with an audio guide! The star points include a selection of tours and activities in their area. Easy use with your personal phone, tablet or computer.
- · 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- It is possible to upgrade the car for a fee. Please see following options: Suzuki SX4 4WD or similar
- Skoda Octavia 4WD Autom. or similar
- Toyota Land Cruiser Autom. or similar
- Toyota Rav4 4WD Autom. or similar
- Dacia Duster 4WD or similar
- GPS system with car and additional authorized driver
- · The Iceland Travel Companion App. This new mobile-based app provides:
- Links to electronic versions of our Iceland Travel Roadbook in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Dutch. The roadbook covers interesting places to visit, in addition to safety information and driving tips.
- · Customer care service during office hours
- · Service fee and taxes
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Admissions and activities
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00 pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
1COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is recommended to all guests on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
What is the best month to visit Iceland?
Given that summer temperatures do not rise much above 16°C, the best time to visit Iceland is between the months of May and September. Gullfoss Waterfall is also at its most impressive at this time of year, and the midnight sun is visible in the country’s north. Travel outside of the summer season and you may find the country’s museums and hiking routes, such as the Laugavegur Trail, closed. However, the period between November to February does have the bonus of being the season of the Northern Lights, and major attractions such as the Blue Lagoon remain open all year round. Find more information here.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Is Iceland expensive to visit? How does the credit card system work? Do I need to carry cash in hand?
Iceland is one of the most expensive countries in the world to visit, although there are ways to keep costs down, such as by renting a camper van. Overall, visitors should be looking at a daily per-person budget of between USD 100 and USD 200. Most hotels, restaurants, and shops accept credit cards from major providers, and there are no minimum purchase requirements. Since cards are the preferred method of payment, you should be okay even if you avoid carrying cash completely, although having some for emergencies is always a good idea.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.