- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The road less travelled Discover untouched Burma by bike
- Rangoon (Yangon) Colonial grandeur, golden temples and street markets
- Bagan Explore one of South East Asia's most spectacular archaeological sites by bicycle
- Inle Lake Longtail boat trips and cycle rides across the Shan Plateau
A cycling holiday that uncovers the scenic beauty and cultural highlights of Burma. Get off the beaten track and closer to the wonderfully friendly local people with bike rides between Mandalay, stilt villages of Inle Lake and the temple-studded plains of ancient Bagan. We also cruise the mighty Irrawaddy River. Inle Lake - Discover floating gardens, stilted villages and leg-rowing fishermen Rangoon (Yangon) - Colonial grandeur, guilded temples and street markets Shan Highlands - Hilltribe villages and former British hill station of Kalaw
Day 1 : Join trip Rangoon (Yangon)
Day 2 : Fly to Heho and explore Inle Lake by boat
Day 3 : Ride around Inle Lake to Nampan village; optional wine tasting
Day 4 : Cycle Inle Lake to Aung Ban via Indein Pagodas; drive to Kalaw
Day 5 : Ride north to Pindaya; Visit Pindaya Caves
Day 6 : Cycle backroads to Myaing then drive to Mandalay
Day 7 : Morning ride then Irrawaddy Boat back to Mandalay
Day 8 : Visit Ubein Bridge followed by a tour of Mandalay city
Day 9 : Mandalay to Chaung U village, cycle to Monywa via Thanbudday complex
Day 10 : Morning on the bikes; afternoon cruise to Bagan
Day 11 : Bagan sightseeing by bike
Day 12 : Return cycle ride to Mount Popa
Day 13 : Fly to Rangoon (Yangon); afternoon city tour
Day 14 : Trip ends Rangoon
- 13 Breakfast, 9 Lunch
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- Bus, Bicycle, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Rangoon (Yangon) are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Burma tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 237 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 14 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Burma tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Burma tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.