- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Rangoon (Yangon) British colonial heritage and the golden Shwedagon Pagoda
- Inle Lake Floating gardens, stilted villages and legrowing fishermen
- Shan State Highlands Walk in the countryside around the former British hill station of Kalaw
- Mandalay Cruise on Irrawaddy River and visit nearby UBein Bridge
With its plethora of glittering temples and towering stupas that punctuate the horizon, it's no wonder this mystical country has been dubbed the \ Golden Land'. On this two week trip we explore Burma's (Myanmar) stand-out highlights, along with some of its lesser-visited gems.
Inle Lake - Discover floating gardens, stilted villages and leg-rowing fishermen
Mandalay - Cruise on the Irrawaddy River and visit nearby U-Bein Bridge
Bagan - Explore the vast plain studded with thousands of ancient temples.
Day 1 : Join tour Yangon (Rangoon)
Day 2 : Discover the sights of Yangon; fly to Inle Lake
Day 3 : Full day to explore Inle Lake by longtail boat
Day 4 : At Inle Lake; boat to visit Shwe Indein pagoda complex
Day 5 : Train and drive to hill station of Kalaw
Day 6 : Walk in Shan Highlands; free afternoon in Kalaw
Day 7 : Drive to Mandalay
Day 8 : Explore Mandalay; boat trip to Mingun village
Day 9 : From Mandalay, visit Inwa and U-Bein Bridge
Day 10 : By boat along the Irrawaddy River to ancient Bagan
Day 11 : Explore the 1000 year old temples of Bagan
Day 12 : In Bagan; optional visit to Mount Popa
Day 13 : Fly to Yangon; free afternoon
Day 14 : Tour ends Yangon
- 13 Breakfast, 4 Lunch
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- Bus, Boat, Ferry, Flight, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Rangoon (Yangon) are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Burma Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 116 today.
- Save US$ 77+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Burma Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 219 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 24 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Burma Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Burma Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.