- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the Triglav National Park and Karavanke Mountain Range
- Varied day walks in the mountains and forests
- Free day to explore Lake Bled, or historic Ljubljana
- Traditional 19th century alpine pension
The Julian Alps are the most easterly extension of the great Alpine Range. The jagged limestone peaks hold some of Europe's best scenery and walking, with Mount Triglav (the highest in Slovenia) at the centre of the range, and the glacial lakes of Bohinj and Bled far below. During the week we will enjoy five varied walks, both inside the national park and on the more distant peaks of the beautiful Karavanke Range. Taking in beautiful wild meadows, along the shores of the lakes, through thick forest and across wild open mountain ridges.
A day exploring the local area direct from the pension.
From the village of Gozd Martuljek, we hike into the Martuljek Gorge,
visiting two stunning waterfalls along the route.
A picturesque walk in the Karavanke Mountain Range, to the peak of Golica
Free day for optional activities including horse-riding, rafting, visiting
Bled or the capital Ljubljana.
Gentle, but pretty hike around the shores of Lake Bohinj or through the
Day walking on the Pokljuka Plateau.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 3 dinners
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfers for group flights
- 7 nights family run pension with en suite facilities
- 5 days centre-based walking, 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 1835m, average 1000m
- Any international flights to/from Radovljica are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 54+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 155 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 27 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.