- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the Triglav National Park and Karavanke Mountain RangeVaried day walks in the mountains and forestsFree day to explore Lake Bled, or historic LjubljanaTraditional 19th century alpine pension
The Julian Alps are the most easterly extension of the great Alpine Range. The jagged limestone peaks hold some of Europe's best scenery and walking, with Mount Triglav (the highest in Slovenia) at the centre of the range, and the glacial lakes of Bohinj and Bled far below. During the week we will enjoy five varied walks, both inside the national park and on the more distant peaks of the beautiful Karavanke Range. Taking in beautiful wild meadows, along the shores of the lakes, through thick forest and across wild open mountain ridges.
Day 1: Start Radovljica.
Day 2: A day exploring the local area direct from the pension.
Day 3: From the village of Gozd Martuljek, we hike into the Martuljek Gorge,
visiting two stunning waterfalls along the route.
Day 4: A picturesque walk in the Karavanke Mountain Range, to the peak of Golica
Day 5: Free day for optional activities including horse-riding, rafting, visiting
Bled or the capital Ljubljana.
Day 6: A gentle and scenic hike around the shores of Lake Bohinj or through the
Mostnica Gorge (weather dependent).
Day 7: A day walking on the Pokljuka Plateau.
Day 8: End Radovljica.
- All breakfasts and 3 dinners All accommodation
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfers for group flights
- 5 days centre-based walking, 1 free day Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader.
- 7 nights family run pension with en suite facilities
- Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 1835m, average 1000m
- Any international flights to/from Radovljica are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.