- Learn how to make empanadas and tamales with a local host
- See Ecuadorian-styled quesadillas made in one of the oldest bakeries of Quito
- Shop for ingredients needed in your cooking class in a local market
- Visit a family-run business to see sweets being made
Taste the unique flavours and meet the local faces of Quito on this culinary tour through the sweet spots of this fair city. Start the morning by joining your guide on a visit to one of the city’s most traditional food markets, and browse among the stalls for the products you’ll be using later in your cooking class. From there, we’ll visit one of the oldest bakeries in the city, and see how the iconic quesadilla is made. We’ll sample traditional flavours that have been perfected over generations!
Next, travel through the backstreets and lesser-known neighbourhoods of Quito as we head to the home of one of the most admired cooks in the old city. Get ready for a fun and interactive cooking class in an amazing little kitchen!
Try your hand at making delicious tamales, pristinos, and empanadas — three culinary classics that can be found in most food markets, cafés, and restaurants throughout South America. Finish the day with a head full of culinary knowledge and a full stomach!
This is a great companion tour to the Quito Market Discovery tour, which takes you through the north of the city.
- Local english speaking guide
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- Additional food.
Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.