- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Live like a local in the Amazon Rainforest.
- Learn Quichua traditions by interacting with your local hosts.
- Visit an animal rescue centre and hone your blowgun skills.
The Amazon Rainforest is so full of life; embrace it for yourself during a week unlike any other. From Quito, you’ll travel to your new home in the jungle and meet the Quichua family who will host you in their village for the next four nights. Discover waterfalls on jungle walks and travel to an animal rescue centre by canoe. You’ll learn about medicinal plants and how to use a blowgun, experience a shaman ceremony, and walk to a jungle waterfall. Most importantly, you’ll befriend people few outsiders have the honour to even meet.
Day 1: Quito
Day 2: Quito/Tena
Day 3: Tena
Day 4: Tena
Day 5: Tena
Day 6: Tena/Quito
Day 7: Quito
- Rustic jungle lodge (4 nts), hotel (2 nts).
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD85-110 for meals not included.
- Local bus, motorized canoe, pickup truck, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local Quichua guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Shandia Biking & Community Experience, Shandia
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Amazon Jungle Experience, Tena
- Your Wellness Moment: Mud Mask Therapy, Tena
- Your Foodie Moment: Chocolate Culinary Experience, Tena
- Your Hands-On Moment: Blowgun Contest and Demo, Tena
- Visit to amaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre
- Walks to a viewpoint and a waterfall
- Medicinal plants jungle walk
- Shamanic ceremony
- Cultural night including a jungle marriage ceremony
- Transport between destinations and included activities
- Any international flights to/from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 32 today.
- Save US$ 21+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : Local LivingIntimate unpack-just-once adventures that bring out the best of the world’s best destinations.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.