- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-5176
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Live like a local in the Amazon Rainforest.
- Learn Quichua traditions by interacting with your local hosts.
- Visit an animal rescue centre and hone your blowgun skills.
The Amazon Rainforest is so full of life; embrace it for yourself during a week unlike any other. From Quito, you’ll travel to your new home in the jungle and meet the Quichua family who will host you for the next four nights. Discover waterfalls on jungle walks and travel to an animal rescue centre by canoe. You’ll learn about medicinal plants and how to use a blowgun, experience a shaman ceremony, and walk to a jungle waterfall. Most importantly, you’ll befriend people few outsiders have the honour to even meet.
Day 1: Quito
Day 2: Quito/Tena
Day 3: Tena
Day 4: Tena
Day 5: Tena
Day 6: Tena/Quito
Day 7: Quito
- Rustic jungle lodge (4 nts), hotel (2 nts).
6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD65-85 for meals not included.
- Local bus, motorized canoe, pickup truck, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local Quichua guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Shandia Biking & Community Experience, Shandia Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Amazon Jungle Experience, Tena Your Wellness Moment: Mud Mask Therapy, Tena Your Foodie Moment: Chocolate Culinary Experience, Tena Your Hands-On Moment: Blowgun Contest and Demo, Tena. Visit to amaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre. Walks to a viewpoint and a waterfall. Medicinal plants jungle walk. Shamanic ceremony. Cultural night including a jungle marriage ceremony. Transport between destinations and included activities.
- Your G for Good Moment: Shandia Biking & Community Experience, Shandia
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Amazon Jungle Experience, Tena
- Your Wellness Moment: Mud Mask Therapy, Tena
- Your Foodie Moment: Chocolate Culinary Experience, Tena
- Your Hands-On Moment: Blowgun Contest and Demo, Tena
- Visit to amaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre
- Walks to a viewpoint and a waterfall
- Medicinal plants jungle walk
- Shamanic ceremony
- Cultural night including a jungle marriage ceremony
- Transport between destinations and included activities
- Any international flights to/from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.