- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek to the crater rim of the Sierra Negra Volcano
- Plenty of island walks to discover the Galapagos landscape
- Incredible wildlife viewing and photographic opportunities with neartame animals
- Plenty of snorkelling opportunities with iridescent fish, playful Sea lions and turtles
Itinerary from April 1st, 2020Extended trekking on the island of Isabela in the remote Galapagos archipelago is a rare privilege and we are one of only a few operators allowed here. As part of this trip we enjoy two days trekking on the Sierra Negra Volcano, going to the 11km wide crater rim, a hike blessed with striking views of the lava-strewn landscape and its smouldering fumaroles. As well as five major volcanoes, Isabela is also one of the last remaining habitats of the Galapagos giant tortoise. Elsewhere in the Galapagos we undertake shorter walks to appreciate the geological features of these enchanting islands and discover their endemic wildlife.
Day 1: Start Quito.
Day 2: Quito city tour.
Day 3: Fly to San Cristobal; visit the Galapagos Interpretation Centre.
Day 4: Snorkel Leon Dormido and walk along one of three white sand beaches.
Day 5: San Cristobal highlands walk; snorkelling at Puerto Chino.
Day 6: Boat to Floreana; visit highlands of Floreana.
Day 7: Visit Sea lion colony on Floreana; sail to Isabela and visit the historical
'Wall of Tears'.
Day 8: Sierra Negra Volcano trek
Day 9: Trek to the Sulphur Volcano
Day 10: Snorkelling excursion in the area of Cabo Rosa
Day 11: Visit Las Tintoreras; afternoon free to relax.
Day 12: Sail to Santa Cruz; optional visit to Charles Darwin Research Centre; visit
Day 13: Explore Bartolome, North Seymour or Plazas Island.
Day 14: Fly to Guayaquil; end Guayaquil.
- 13 nights hotels and guesthouses , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 4 dinners included
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 2 full days walking; up to 6 other walks
- Altitude: sea-level to 1200m in Galapagos, 2850m in Quito
- Napo Wildlife Centre extension available
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to Quito and from Guayaquil are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 234+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 668 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 25 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.