- Trek to the crater rim of the Sierra Negra Volcano
- Plenty of island walks to discover the Galapagos landscape
- Incredible wildlife viewing and photographic opportunities with neartame animals
- Plenty of snorkelling opportunities with iridescent fish, playful Sea lions and turtles
- Island hopping by motorboat but sleep in hotels and lodges
- Part of the Aldo Kane collection
- Show more
Extended trekking on the island of Isabela in the remote Galapagos archipelago is a rare privilege and we are one of only a few operators allowed here. As part of this trip, we enjoy two days trekking on the Sierra Negra Volcano, going to the 11km wide crater rim, a hike blessed with striking views of the lava-strewn landscape and its smouldering fumaroles. As well as five major volcanoes, Isabela is also one of the last remaining habitats of the Galapagos giant tortoise. Elsewhere in the Galapagos we undertake shorter walks to appreciate the geological features of these enchanting islands and discover their endemic wildlife.
Aldo Kane Collection: A hand-selected range of adventures by our Brand Ambassador:"This unique trip combines volcanoes treks, fascinating geology and encounters with near-tame wildlife. The Galapagos archipelago has been on my bucket list for years. Where else in the world can you see smouldering fumaroles, spot neon-coloured Chameleons and snorkel with friendly Sea lions on the same day?"
Day 1: Start Quito.
Day 2: Quito city tour.
Day 3: Fly to San Cristobal; visit the Galapagos Interpretation Centre.
Day 4: Snorkel Leon Dormido and walk along one of three white sand beaches
Day 5: San Cristobal highlands walk; snorkelling at Puerto Chino.
Day 6: Boat to Floreana; visit highlands of Floreana
Day 7: Visit Sea lion colony on Floreana; sail to Isabela and visit the historical 'Wall of Tears'.
Day 8: Sierra Negra Volcano trek
Day 9: Trek to the Sulphur Volcano
Day 10: Snorkelling excursion in the area of Cabo Rosa
Day 11: Visit Las Tintoreras; afternoon free to relax.
Day 12: Sail to Santa Cruz; optional visit to Charles Darwin Research Centre; visit Tortuga Bay.
Day 13: Explore Bartolome, North Seymour or Plazas Island.
Day 14: Fly to Guayaquil; end Guayaquil.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 1 dinner included
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Compulsory Galapagos taxes USD120 (approx. GBP95) paid locally.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 264+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 April 2023, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Galapagos: In Darwin's Footsteps tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.