- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-12090
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- As you board your vessel, M.Y Grand Queen Beatriz, and follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin, you will encounter nature at its finest.
- Explore the islands from on deck, on foot and in the water, no doubt with your eyes open for your next unique sight.
- This is indeed the Galapagos journey with something for everyone.
Explore the Galapagos and its native wildlife on a sailing trip around the central islands of the archipelago. Meet the green turtles that inhabit Isla Santa Cruz, watch blue-footed boobies dance the booby two-step and marvel in awe at the unfamiliar beauty that characterises these far-flung islands. Encounter the very same creatures that sparked Darwin’s imagination when he formulated his theories of evolution. There’s no spot on earth that is closer to the origins of the planet, where every step feels as though it’s through uncharted territory. Prepare to depart on the adventure of a lifetime and become a Galapagos Explorer.
Day 1: Quito
Day 2: Isla Baltra - Charles Darwin Research Station
Day 3: Isla North Seymour - Isla Mosquera
Day 4: Black Turtle Cove - Cerro Dragon.
Day 5: Isla Rabida - Sombrero Chino
Day 6: Las Bachas - Isla Baltra - Quito
Day 7: Quito
- Hotel (2 nights), Overnight boat (4 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Minibus , Boat , Plane , Zodiac
- An expert tour leader
- Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla North Seymour - Walk (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla North Seymour - Snorkelling (1 hours)
- Isla Mosquera - Snorkelling (1 hour)
- Isla Mosquera - Beach Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Black Turtle Cove - Panga ride (1.5 hours)
- Isla Santa Cruz - Cerro Dragon - Walk (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Cerro Dragon - Snorkelling or swimming (1 hour)
- Isla Santiago - Sombrero Chino - Snorkelling (1 hour)
- Sombrero Chino - Walk and Panga ride (2 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Rabida - Snorkelling (1 hour)
- Isla Rabida - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Any international flights to/from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Galapagos Explorer: Central Islands (Grand Queen Beatriz) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 169+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Galapagos Explorer: Central Islands (Grand Queen Beatriz) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Galapagos Explorer: Central Islands (Grand Queen Beatriz) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Galapagos Explorer: Central Islands (Grand Queen Beatriz) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves lots of active adventure and we ask that you read through the itinerary carefully to ensure that this trip is right for you. You’ll need to feel comfortable with the included activities and with moving about the boat. The cabins and communal areas of the boat are spread over four decks and the steps between the decks are steep.
- You will be entering and exiting a Zodiac boat (panga) during wet and dry landings and when returning from snorkelling. Although the waters we sail are usually calm, there are times when the sea can get rough and choppy. Steady sea legs (and a sturdy stomach) are needed when walking around the boat during bad weather. Rain or shine, your trusty crew will always be on hand to assist you.
- A typical yacht/boat for sixteen travellers is equipped with eight cabins each with ensuites. They are designed to maximise living area space, so sleeping quarters can be a bit cramped. That being said, the adventure and exhilaration of an authentic Galapagos trip more than makes up for any discomfort.
- While at sea and when exploring the islands, you may be exposed to the sun for large parts of the day. It’s important to use sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- Please note that while there is an itinerary in place, some changes may occur due to the weather or because of direction from the local authorities. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for potential modifications to the route or activities. A sense of humour and flexibility will ensure you have a fun, relaxing trip through this beautiful part of the world no matter what happens.
- All of our Galapagos tours begin and end in Quito which is located approximately 2850 metres above sea level so you may experience some altitude sickness.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.