- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Visit the Otavalo Weaving studio and get a lesson from Miguel Andrango.
- Explore villages and learn about traditional handicrafts and folk art from locals.
- Traverse the Amazon jungle with a local naturalist guide.
- Learn about the relationship between cultures and the plants around them at the Omaere Ethnobotanical Park.
- Be surrounded by towering volcanoes
Ecuador is a small country that packs a punch when it comes to natural beauty, biodiversity, and indigenous heritage. Discover this South American jewel on a memorable adventure, travelling from the emerald-clad Andes to the Amazon’s thriving jungles. Come face-to-face with unique creatures on a nighttime walk through the forest and on a tour of an animal sanctuary; hike through awe-inspiring Cotopaxi National Park, crowned by the soaring Cotopaxi Volcano; and delve into indigenous culture on a visit to an Amazonian community and Omaere Ethnobotanical Park.
Day 1: Quito
Day 2: Quito/Otavalo
Day 3: Otavalo/Papallacta
Day 4: Papallacta/Tena
Day 5: Tena
Day 6: Tena/Baños
Day 7: Baños
Day 8: Baños/Quito
Day 9: Quito
- Hotels (4 nts), historic hacienda (1 nt), jungle lodge (2 nts), hot springs resort (1 nt).
8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD250-325 for meals not included.
- Private van, motorized canoe, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Otavalo Weaving Lesson
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Amazon Home Experience
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Visit the Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
- Your Wellness Moment: Papallacta Hot Springs Visit
- Arrival transfer
- Overnight in an historic hacienda
- Explore the Otavalo handicraft market
- Cloud forest reserve visit
- Two nights at an Amazon lodge with jungle excursions
- Excursion to Cotopaxi National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ecuador: Amazon, Hot Springs & Volcanoes tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ecuador: Amazon, Hot Springs & Volcanoes tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 October 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ecuador: Amazon, Hot Springs & Volcanoes tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ecuador: Amazon, Hot Springs & Volcanoes tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 12 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.