- Horseback riding
- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Bicycle tour
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 2 nights in vibrant Cartagena
- 2 Nights in the stunning Caribbean beach national park of Tayrona
- 2 Nights to enjoy the colonial town of Santa Cruz de Lorica, home of the traditional Vueltiao hat
- 3 nights to explore the infamous streets of Medellin
This is a trip that unveils the true diversity of Colombia and northern Ecuador, from the jungles and stunning beaches of the Caribbean coast in Tayrona National Park to the snow capped peaks of the Andes and the spectacular wax palm trees of the Valle de Cocora.
Colombia is home to some of South America's most beautiful colonial architecture as found in Cartagena, Popayan or Santa Cruz de Lorica. This is balanced by the cosmopolitan and contemporary feel of Medellin. No visit to Colombia is complete without exploring the coffee heartland around Manizales and a stay at a Coffee Finca to learn the tricks of the trade.
Further south the Afro Caribbean feel gives way to the indigenous mountain peoples of the Andes and before crossing into Ecuador to explore the Indian markets of Otavalo, you must explore the exquisite Santuario de las Lajas in Ipiales. This tour would, however, not be complete without time to explore the wonderful old colonial city of Quito, with its plethora of churches, cathedrals and markets.
Day 1: Cartagena
Day 2: Cartagena
Day 3: Tayrona NP
Day 4: Tayrona NP
Day 5: Lorica
Day 6: Lorica
Day 7: Medellin
Day 8: Medellin
Day 9: Medellin
Day 10: Manizales
Day 11: Salento
Day 12: Salento
Day 13: Salento
Day 14: Popayan
Day 15: Popayan
Day 16: Ipiales
Day 17: Otavalo
Day 18: Quito
Day 19: Quito
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Comfortable Hotel 3 nights
- Hammocks 2 nights
- Basic Hotel 3 nights
- Multishare Hostel 8 nights
- Camping 2 nights
- 13 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 2 Dinner
- Any international flights to Quito and from Cartagena are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Colombia Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Colombia Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Colombia Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Colombia Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.