- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3284
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Get acquainted with the beautiful churches and graceful boulevards of Quito, Ecuador's capital
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this indepth adventure, coming facetoface with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
- Get your blood pumping as you scale a volcano on Isabela Island, get up close and personal with giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island. These nearly extinct creatures are one of the greatest drawcards to the Galapagos
- This is a land based Galapagos trip, we use locally owned hotels on the islands. On this trip you will have more opportunities to interact with the locals as opposed to staying on a boat.
Amazing wildlife, both on land and underwater, is the drawcard of the remote Galapagos Islands. Tour the Galapagos' outstanding natural beauty and interesting history by foot and boat on this active adventure. Trace Darwin's theory of evolution, spot colourful, bizarre and beautiful creatures and have an experience that is completely out of this world as you discover the incredible Galapagos Islands.
Day 1: Quito
Day 2: Isla San Cristobal, Galapagos
Day 3: Isla San Cristobal
Day 4: Isla Floreana/ Isla Isabela
Day 5: Isla Isabela
Day 6: Isla Isabela
Day 7: Isla Isabela / Isla Santa Cruz
Day 8: Isla Santa Cruz
Day 9: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos/ Quito
Day 10: Quito
- Hotel ( 9 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches
- Plane , Speed Boat , Private Vehicle , Taxi , Public bus
- An expert tour leader
- Isla San Cristobal- Snorkeling in La Loberia (1.5 Hours)
- San Cristobal - Excursion to Leon Dormido or Lobos Islands
- Isla San Cristobal - Interpretation Center (45 minutes)
- Isla San Cristobal - Cerro Tijeretas View Point (1 Hour)
- Floreana - Snorkeling
- Isla Isabela -Tintoreras or Shark Alley (2.5 Hours)
- Isla Isabela - Flamingo lagoon visit (30 Minutes)
- Isla Isabela - Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre (1 Hour)
- Isla Isabela - Sierra Negra Volcano Hike (5-6 Hours)
- Kayaking - Isla Isabela
- Santa Cruz Highlands Visit (3 Hours)
- Isla Santa Cruz - Tortuga Bay walk
- Any international flights to/from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Galapagos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 117+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Galapagos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Galapagos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Galapagos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip involves a lot of travel by speed boat between the various Galapagos Islands, the rides can be quite bumpy at times. The good news is that seasickness can often be managed with medication. Consult a health professional before your trip.
- Wildlife is a big focus on this trip, with activities like bird watching and swimming.
- This trip includes a 17-km hike (approximately 6–7 hours) on rocky terrain. We recommend bringing comfortable walking shoes that offer good support.
- The sun in the Galapagos islands is incredibly strong due to its close proximity to the equator, ensure you are well prepared with sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses and a rash guard if desired.
- This trip does include snorkeling on multiple days throughout the itinerary. Confident swimming skills are required to take part in this tour.
- This trip visits Quito which is at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.