- Travel to Quito, situated in the foothills of the breathtaking Andes Mountains
- Soak in the hot springs of Papallacta for the perfect thermalbath experience
- Search for flora and fauna in the Amazon, the world’s most biodiverse forest
- Discover fascinating species of local wildlife on the famous Isabela Island
- Explore the Flamingo Lagoon, the largest coastal lagoon in the Galapagos
- Spot Giant Tortoises on Santa Cruz Island, endemic to the Galapagos
- Show more
This 12-day small-group tour of Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands will take you on a mesmerizing journey through one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in Latin America! Between indigenous markets, natural hot springs, and incredible opportunities to search for exotic wildlife, this tour will show you it all! Begin your trip in Quito, the capital city of Ecuador, where you will discover famous landmarks such as La Ronda and the Middle of the World. From there you will visit the Otavalo Indian Market and Cuicocha Crater Lake before you travel to Papallacta, known for its breathtaking scenery and Natural Hot Springs. Next, you will explore the Amazon Island Park, the perfect place to learn about the Amazonian ecosystem and discover many species of fauna. Travel to Baños and visit Manto de la Novia and Pailon del Diablo, two of the most breathtaking waterfalls in Ecuador, and discover the Tungurahua Volcano with its magnificent views. Continue your journey to Guayaquil, exploring the Las Peñas area and the Malecon, and catch your flight to the Galapagos Islands. Upon arrival in Baltra, you will travel to Santa Cruz Island and get the opportunity to see Giant Tortoises! Finally, make your way to Isabela Island, known for its sea lions, marine iguanas, blue-footed boobies, Sally Lightfoot Crabs, sea turtles, pelicans, and Galapagos Penguins, before you travel back home for the perfect end to your tour of Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands!
Day 1: Wed - Quito (arrival)
Day 2: Thu Quito
Day 3: Fri Quito - Otavalo
Day 4: Sat Otavalo - Papallacta
Day 5: Sun Papallacta - Amazon
Day 6: Mon Amazon
Day 7: Tue Amazon - BaÃ‘os
Day 8: Wed BaÃ‘os - Guayaquil
Day 9: Thu Guayaquil - Galapagos Islands (santa Cruz) (by Flight)
Day 10: Fri Galapagos Islands (isabela)
Day 11: Sat Galapagos Islands (isabela - Santa Cruz)
Day 12: Sun Depart Santa Cruz -
- 11 nights’ accommodation on a twin sharing basis at listed hotels or similar
- Daily breakfast
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers
- Transportation in an AC vehicle
- Domestic flights to the Galapagos Islands
- Services of English-speaking guides
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- All local applicable taxes
- Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Items of personal nature, tips and gratuities
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance
- Isabella Island Entrance Fee (USD 10 USD pp - to be paid locally in cash only)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (USD 100 pp, to be paid locally in cash only)
- Transit Control Card (USD 20 pp) & Lobito Fee – Batra Island (USD 10 pp)
- *Pre-tour purchase is mandatory. $30 Fee must be paid will the final payment 75 days prior to departure.
- Items not mentioned as included
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Ecuador and Galapagos Islands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 74 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 April 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 74 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Ecuador and Galapagos Islands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Ecuador and Galapagos Islands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.IS THIS A CHILD FRIENDLY TOUR? ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS?
All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children on escorted tours is 8. Minimum age on Safaris is 12. Minimum age for game drives in Kruger National Park (South Africa) is 12. Minimum age for Uganda programs is 15.Please note that many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, a notarized letter, granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel should be carried. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.