- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 11
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Combine the best cycling, hiking and kayaking experiences that Otago has to offer from one central base in stunning Wanaka.
- Spend a morning hiking to the dramatic hanging glaciers beneath the towering Rob Roy Peak then kick back at a local winery where you’ll meet the winemaker and learn the local craft.
- Hike to a lake within an island in a lake on an island, looking out for rare birds and insects along the way, then cool off with a swim in crystal clear waters.
- Cycle a spectacular brandnew track along manmade wooden trails secured to the bottom of sheer rock faces – arguably the best bit of cycling trail in Otago!
Take a deep dive into the Otago region on a 4-day active adventure in Wanaka. Let a local leader show you the very best of this slice of the South Island as you cycle the heritage-filled surrounds of gold rush Arrowtown, hike up to the hanging glaciers beneath Rob Roy Peak, kayak the glassy waters of Lake Wanaka and taste regional flavours at a local winery. Soak in spectacular cinematic backdrops as you walk up Mt Iron, visit a secluded Lake Wanaka island and experience a brand-new and thrilling cycling trail. From epic views to exhilarating activities, this adventure is sure to get your heart rate up.
Mt. Iron, Lake Wanaka & Mou Waho island
Rob Roy Glacier & Wanaka
Lake Dunstan Cycling Trail & Queenstown
- Lodge (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts
- Private vehicle , boat , kayak , bicycle
- An expert tour leader
- Guided Cycling tour of surrounding area
- Leader-led orientation walk
- Private Boat to Mou Waho Island
- Flat Water Kayaking
- Mou Waho Island Hike
- Mount Iron guided hike
- Guided Hike to Rob Roy Glacier
- Maude Winery tasting room
- Kawarau Gorge Suspension Bridge
- Lake Dunstan Cycling Trail guided tour
- Any international flights to/from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wanaka Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wanaka Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wanaka Hike, Bike & Kayak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wanaka Hike, Bike & Kayak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- This trip includes a variety of activities (walking, cycling & kayaking). While not too strenuous, an average level of fitness is required. The cycling and hiking are done on reasonably graded trails and do not require a high level of experience. Kayaking is done on flat water.
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers