- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Jump in a kayak on Lake Wanaka and meander across the clear blue water, then swap the paddles for a water taxi as you go explore the predatorfree conservation island of Mou Waho.
- The scenery on New Zealand’s South Island is second to none. Traverse through lush ridges and gorges, and spend the day cruising through one of the world’s most admired natural wonders – Milford Sound.
- Cycle as a family along part of the Otago Rail Trail, stopping to soak in the historic trestle bridges and lush countryside that has remained largely untouched since the gold rush days.
- By staying on the wildlife mecca of Stewart Island, you and the family will have so many opportunities to head out exploring. Walk along the Rakiura track and ferry to Ulva Island – a natural habitat of rare plants and birds, including the kiwi.
It’s time to explore the marvellous sights and sounds of New Zealand’s South Island with the kids, and this seven-day family adventure is just the ticket. You’ll all be in awe driving past some of mother nature’s most spectacular sights – the Crown Range, Lake Wanaka, Milford Sound, Stewart Island and Te Anau Downs, to name just a few. And with all of the adventure covered, the family will be cycling, hiking, paddling, cruising and animal spotting until your heart is content. So, come and see what all the fuss is about on this exploration of New Zealand’s great wilderness, with all of the hassle and worries taken care of by our expert local team.
Queenstown to Wanaka
Otago Rail Trail/Te Anau Downs
Stewart Island to Queenstown
- Apartments (2 nights), Lodge (2 nights), Retreat (2 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private minivan , kayak , bike
- An expert tour leader
- Arrowtown - Leader Led walking tour
- Wanaka - Millenium Trail walk
- Flat Water Kayaking
- Mou Waho Island Hike
- Te Anau - Lakeside walk
- Otago Rail Trail - Alexandra to Clyde
- Milford Sound - Cruise
- Milford Sound - Walk to Mirror Lakes and Lake Gunn
- Stewart Island - Guided Walk on the Rakiura Track
- Stewart Island - Ulva Island tour
- Any international flights to/from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand South Island Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand South Island Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand South Island Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand South Island Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- There are several walks planned on this family holiday. A reasonable level of fitness and appropriate footwear and clothing will allow you all to fully enjoy this adventure.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.