- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Hike to magical viewpoints on Ben Lomond, above Queenstown
- Visit Stewart Island to see the bird life and maybe spot a Kiwi
- Trek in Fiordland with spectacular viewpoints and towering rocky walls
- Enjoy a magical helicopter ride over Milford Sound to the secluded Martins Bay
- Indulge in a luxury lodge in a serene remote environment
- Experience the magnificence of the remote Hollyford wilderness
- Hike small sections of the iconic Routeburn, Kepler and Rakiura Tracks
- Show more
Discover the awe-inspiring Milford Sound, Hollyford Valley and unspoiled natural beauty of the wildlife-rich Stewart Island on foot. The deep south of New Zealand is home to some of the country's most pristine and spectacular landscapes with an exceptional array of day hikes, which we feature on this superb week of walking. This trip begins in the 'adventure capital' Queenstown where we hike the lower slopes of Ben Lomond for extensive panoramic views over Lake Wakitipu before travelling to Invercargill. Crossing over to Stewart Island you will enjoy some short walks as well as a free day to explore this remote island on foot, kayak or even try to sight New Zealand's iconic flightless bird - the Kiwi. Returning to the mainland, travel to Te Anau for walks in Fiordland National Park before boarding a breathtaking helicopter flight over dramatic peaks into uninhabited Martins Bay, the heart of the Hollyford region. We enjoy an afternoon walk along the rugged coastline, which is frequented by penguins and seals in season, before settling into our cosy lodge for the night. The trip continues with a walk along the Hollyford Valley and a section of the Routeburn Track before heading back to Queenstown.
Day 1 : Ben Lomond Hike above Queenstown, to Invercargill
Day 2 : Transfer to Stewart Island, guided walks
Day 3 : Free day on Stewart Island
Day 4 : To Te Anau, walks in Fiordland National Park
Day 5 : Walks in Milford Sound, helicopter to Hollyford region
Day 6 : Hollyford Valley hike (20km), transfer to Te Anau
Day 7 : Hike along Routeburn Track to Key Summits, return to Queenstown
- 5 nights hotel/motel ensuite accommodation on a twin share basis
- 1 night exclusive use of Martin's Bay private lodge (shared bathroom)
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Professional qualified driver/guide
- Private vehicle transport
- Ferry to and from Stewart Island
- Packs and walking poles (on request if required) - please let our staff know in advance
- Helicopter over Milford Sound into Martin's Bay (Hollyford)
- Water and snacks while trekking
- Access and concession fees paid to the Department of Conservation
- International or domestic flights and taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- All beverages, other than breakfast
- Water bottle (help us save the environment by bringing your own drink bottle or hydration system)
- Optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (eg. phone calls, internet, laundry, shopping etc)
- Travel insurance
- Visa (if required)
- Save US$ 160 today.
- Earn US$ 106+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Fiordland, Hollyford and Stewart Island Trails tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 July 2022, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Fiordland, Hollyford and Stewart Island Trails tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Fiordland, Hollyford and Stewart Island Trails tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.