- Kayaking and canoeing
- Active and outdoor
- duration 6 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 1+ years old
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Experience Doubtful Sound
- Leisure time in Queenstown
This tour takes you to the stunning locations of Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound, so expect to be completely awe-struck!
Milford Sound is so magical it’s been known as the ‘the eighth wonder of the world’. Bounded by steep cliffs and dense rainforest, the scenery will captivate even the most experienced traveller. A long narrow inlet at the northernmost end of Fiordland National Park and opening out onto the Tasman Sea, Milford Sound was created by icy glaciers slicing into and eroding mountains way back in the ice ages. Waterfalls cascade from incredible heights and become even more dramatic when it rains (and it often does!).
Whilst the lesser-known Doubtful Sound, sometimes referred to as the ‘Sound of Silence’ is the deepest (421 metres) and second longest (40 kilometres) of the South Island's fjords.
Wildlife is a key attraction to these regions, so keep an eye out for bottlenose dolphins, fur seals and penguins.
The best way to experience the grandeur of these landscapes is on the water, so we have created the perfect combination. At Milford Sound, you’ll enjoy an included cruise where you’ll marvel at the sheer rock walls coming straight out of the sea, tumbling waterfalls and generally stunning scenes.
Then at Doubtful Sounds, we have booked you in for a 3hr kayak adventure - an unforgettable way to explore this incredible place. You can paddle around the small coves and islands, all the whilst marvelling at your surroundings.
To really enhance the experience, we recommend adding on the overnight cruise in Doubtful Sound.
You’ll end your tour in New Zealand’s adventure capital, Queenstown so choose to indulge your adrenaline streak or opt for a gentle stroll around the lakefront!
Day 1 Queenstown to Te Anau
Day 2 Te Anau to Milford Sound - Te Anau
Day 3 Te Anau to Manapouri
Day 4 Manapouri to Doubtful Sound - Manapouri
Day 5 Manapouri to Queenstown
Day 6 Queenstown
- 3* Accommodation - Private Room & Breakfast
- Return Transportation from Queenstown to Te Anau
- Return Transportation from Te Anau to Manapouri
- Milford Sound Day Cruise
- Kayaking at Doubtful Sound
- Any international flights to/from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this A Symphony Of Sounds tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this A Symphony Of Sounds tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
A Symphony Of Sounds tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this A Symphony Of Sounds tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.