- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 49
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Drop anchor in smaller port towns like Quepos away from the larger ships. Because of the size of your adventure cruise, your choices are endless on where to stop.
- Discover the depths of the Costa Rican jungle in Manuel Antonio National Park, taking a guided walk through the thickets of the fragile rainforest with an expert naturalist.
- On your cruising days, take regular swim stops off the boat, keep learning with onboard lectures from your naturalist guide, or simply laze on the sundeck with a good book – it’s up to you.
- Meet with one of the seven indigenous groups of Panama on an excursion to an Embera village, discovering their handicrafts, sharing lunch and enjoying a dance with the locals.
Discover the Central American neighbours of Costa Rica and Panama on an eight-day Adventure Cruising experience. Central America is a place to fall in love with nature – be it dense, wildlife-filled forests, white beaches with irresistible waters, or vast jungle-ringed lakes – and you’ll get to experience it all on this memorable small-ship cruise. Aboard the M/S Panorama, set sail through the Pacific, passing by the thickets of Manuel Antonio National Park, the secondary forests of Corcovado National Park the stunning Coiba Island and Granito de Oro and onwards to Panama’s capital and its grand Canal. Discover a diverse range of wildlife, meet local indigenous groups at an Embera village, and sit back and relax on the sun deck between swims. This is truly a unique corner of Central America, and how better to explore it than on an idyllic cruising voyage.
Embarkation in Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica
Quepos - Playa Biesanz, Costa Rica
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Granito de Oro and Coiba Island, Panama
Iguana Island, Panama
Playa Muerto (Darien National Park), Panama
Panama City - Panama Canal Crossing, Panama
Colon 2000 Port, Panama
- Small Cruise Ship (7 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Small Cruise Ship
- Any international flights to Punta Arenas and from Panama City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cruising Costa Rica & Panama: Costa Rica to Panama tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 106+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cruising Costa Rica & Panama: Costa Rica to Panama tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cruising Costa Rica & Panama: Costa Rica to Panama tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cruising Costa Rica & Panama: Costa Rica to Panama tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated by our partners at Variety Cruises and is best suited to independent travellers who want flexibility from their itinerary. On Variety Cruises, all shore excursions are optional, so you don’t have to pay for an activity you’re not interested in. Trips operated by Variety begin at the port, do not include tips and require solo travellers to pay a mandatory single supplement.
- This is a small ship Adventure Cruising, which means you’ll be sailing on a motorised yacht with 30–50 other people. Wi-Fi is available for a small charge.
- Most of our departures run in peak season, when the seas are calmer. The ship will experience some roll and pitch in choppy conditions, however all of our ships come equipped with stabilisers to minimise movement. There will be seasickness tablets on board and your crew will do all they can to minimise any discomfort.
- Our ship moves under engine power, rather than sailing, so all cabins will experience light engine noise when the ship is moving (and occasionally when we drop anchor). It’s probably worth packing earplugs if you’re a light sleeper.
- Onshore activities and excursions will involve a bit of walking. You’ll be visiting ancient sites and historical places, and at times you may have to cross cobbled streets and uneven ground, sometimes in hot conditions. If you have any concerns, please speak to your group leader before taking part.
- For getting to small islets, coves and prime snorkelling spots, it is sometimes necessary to use a Zodiac boat. You will need to be comfortable climbing in and out of one during wet and dry landings.
- There are no lifts (elevators) on board our ships, so you’ll have to navigate a few steep flights of stairs (fitted with handrails) to access all the decks.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
The Intrepid Foundation
Your fellow travellers